• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snap Counts

jfra78

23 minutes ago, t96 said:

I didn't even realize YGM was healthy and playing that game... Not a good look so far. Might need a few years to develop before we can count on him even as a consistent rotational guy.

Didn't he grab a facemask or something?  DE takes a bit--Johnson, Hardy--took them 2 years before they broke out.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It wasn't a rotation.

Little played the first quarter, then got sat down and didn't play again through the end of the half.

They gave him another shot the first few series of the third quarter, but the offense didn't start moving until they put Scott back in. He stayed in through the end of the game.

Alternating quarters is a rotation.  Rhule said in today's presser. "We kinda wanted to rotate those guys and keep them fresh. They haven't played a full game."

Yesterday he said "Our thought was let's get them both in there. What a great opportunity for those guys to get some experience. We didn't want either one of them to kind be run down so we played them both."

No arguing against the coaches words, twice

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Didn't he grab a facemask or something?  DE takes a bit--Johnson, Hardy--took them 2 years before they broke out.

Maybe, I didn't have sound and was stuck with a smaller tv at the bar I was watching at so could've easily missed that being him.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Alternating quarters is a rotation.  Rhule said in today's presser. "We kinda wanted to rotate those guys and keep them fresh. They haven't played a full game."

Yesterday he said "Our thought was let's get them both in there. What a great opportunity for those guys to get some experience. We didn't want either one of them to kind be run down so we played them both."

No arguing against the coaches words, twice

Rotating left tackles is another very college coach thing to do.

What it doesn't change though is that Little was awful. Scott wasn't especially good either, but Scott wasn't a second round pick we traded up for (after planning to take him in the first).

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Maybe, I didn't have sound and was stuck with a smaller tv at the bar I was watching at so could've easily missed that being him.

Yeah, he did.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What it doesn't change though is that Little was awful. Scott wasn't especially good either, but Scott wasn't a second round pick we traded up for (after planning to take him in the first).

Little just is not in starting level condition, thats what I came away with. He was on PUP list at the start of camp, needs to improve that cardio.  

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's done in the  pros more than you would expect and when the true starter isn't injured. It's not a particularly college thing do either but I know that's the current hot take criticism

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It wasn't a rotation.

Little played the first quarter, then got sat down and didn't play again through the end of the half.

They gave him another shot the first few series of the third quarter, but the offense didn't start moving until they put Scott back in. He stayed in through the end of the game.

Rhule tried to say they were approaching it as a rotation to keep both guys fresh, but it's hard to believe that given the breakdown and circumstances. Little is bad, but people are out here whining about contracts for CMC & Shaq as if getting paid was their fault.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's done in the  pros more than you would expect and when the true starter isn't injured. It's not a particularly college thing do either but I know that's the current hot take criticism

Uh...yeah. it's hardly ever done in the pros. You might rotate some spots along the line but not left tackle.

Teams that have an established starter at left tackle don't sub them out except if they're hurt or need a rest.

Notice that Brown, Kerr, and Roy played 91 (combined) snaps of the 156 snaps (for 2 DTs).  No Woodrow Hamilton this week.  I saw Weatherly and Obada inside a lot.  That means on any given play, there was a DT in the DT slot (traditional 4-3 set) only 58% of the time.

Interesting, at least to me.

Archived