• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Davis is tops

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I’d propose a 40-40-20% split between CMC-Davis-Reggie going forward. 

I believe it would be in the best interest of the Panthers, and the players named. 

Opposing defenses will be ready to puke by halftime!

60-40-10. 

20 hours ago, panthers55 said:

It is early but Davis looks very much like Stewart out there. One thing though, Davis is a much better receiver than Stewart.

I still remember when Shula flanked Stewart out wide for no reason on a crucial third down for no reason...Literally the worst play design besides maybe the indy fake punt where there was only the snapper and punter lined up at center.  No one on the planet was fooled by that, and no one legitimately thought "ya know what...I bet stewart will be a big part of this play"...

41 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I don’t know brother. Davis’s vision seems better than Stewart’s, who had power and speed but seemed perpetually to be running right to where the hole was not.

Maybe that was more on the o line not creating actual holes for him to run through?  Especially near the end there, it seemed like Stewart had to consistently turn blown up plays or zero gains into positive yards just by churning his legs.

2 minutes ago, KushMcDieselson said:

Maybe that was more on the o line not creating actual holes for him to run through?  Especially near the end there, it seemed like Stewart had to consistently turn blown up plays or zero gains into positive yards just by churning his legs.

He did, but I got frustrated during seasons where we did have good blocking with seeing him also miss perfectly good holes with regularity. 

On 10/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, BIGH2001 said:

This team is playing hard and a lot of it is a reflection of the staff. Does anyone really think that Rivera would have guys like Mike Davis performing at the level he has?

Rivera wouldn't even play him.  But in fairness, CMC was all world last year, and Bonnafon did well in his very limited snaps at #2 RB.  Didn't really leave any snaps left.

But to your point, I don't believe this coaching staff is going to run CMC into the ground like Rivera did with Cam.  Brady & Teddy are spreading the ball around, and we're winning.  I think they can easily utilize both CMC and Davis and still maintain a dynamic offense.

Teams need RB depth and at least 2 capable starters if possible.  We have that right now.

Our offensive talent and depth is perhaps the biggest surprise this year.

I'll admit that I thought keeping (and paying) Mike Davis was a mistake after the way CMC and Bonnafon did last year.  That's why I'm not a coach.

And I'll say this.  This offense is playoff worthy. 

I'm still concerned about the defense because while they're well coached, there is still not the talent nor depth there you would like to have.

And that's before the latest injuries.  I'm hoping Short and Jackson are not going to miss significant time.

Archived