• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's time to start giving Teddy Bridgewater the respect he deserves"

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy has been better than I expected, but I don't think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl in today's NFL and that's my goal.

To be fair, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to be better than what you expected :)

I'm still not ready to anoint Bridgewater as a franchise quarterback, but it's pretty clear that he functions well within Joe Brady's system.

If we want that to continue, we really are going to want to do everything we can to retain Brady.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to be better than what you expected :)

I'm still not ready to anoint Bridgewater as a franchise quarterback, but it's pretty clear that he functions well within Joe Brady's system.

If we want that to continue, we really are going to want to do everything we can to retain Brady.

He's passing for a lot more yardage than I expected and moderately more TDs and INTs as well, but I expected him to be pretty efficient and he has been. He's on pace for almost 4700 yards but only 24 TDs and 12 INTs. I would've predicted somewhere around 3000/18/8 going into the season. I expect his yardage to cool off as we put more play on tape. Hopefully he'll find a way to put more balls in the endzone but I doubt it.

He is what he is - a good game manager. He's as good as the guys he's throwing to and fortunately he has a group of skill position players that can all get good YAC and an OC who can scheme them open in the short to intermediate ranges.

Just now, Moo Daeng said:

Your goals are based on other people's accomplishments. That's convenient. .

You realize that none of us are actual NFL coaches or players here, right? What are YOUR goals as a fan other than the blatantly obvious which is criticizing anyone who has the guts to voice an opinion while acting like you're better than everyone else. Why do you bother posting? The next post you make that actually adds anything to any discussion will be the first. You've made over 5000 complete useless posts. You should be awarded some type of medal.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking for myself, my goal is a fan is to watch my team win championships.

My actual, realistic contribution toward that happening is roughly equal to not a damn thing.

Yep, I don't pretend to contribute anything to this team's success or failures as a fan. I just get pissed about poo posters who don't have the self awareness to realize that's exactly what they are - poo posters.

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy has been better than I expected, but I don't think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl in today's NFL and that's my goal.

QB is one position out of 22 starters, if guys like Foles, old Brady who wasn't even good, noodle-armed Manning, etc. can win Super Bowls then Teddy certainly can. Can he carry a team to a SB by himself like Cam nearly did in 2015? No but we don't need him to and shouldn't need a QB to do that. If our coaching is for real then Teddy at QB is completely acceptable.

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

QB is one position out of 22 starters, if guys like Foles, old Brady who wasn't even good, noodle-armed Manning, etc. can win Super Bowls then Teddy certainly can. Can he carry a team to a SB by himself like Cam nearly did in 2015? No but we don't need him to and shouldn't need a QB to do that. If our coaching is for real then Teddy at QB is completely acceptable.

IMO, Foles' issue has been consistency. He's capable of very high level play. I honestly don't think Teddy is capable of the level of play Foles displayed in the AFC CG and SB. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

5 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

He has the exact same TD/INT ratio as Trubisky, who was benched 1.5 games ago.

Like no one is saying he's bad but lmao at this "HE CAN WIN A SB FOR US" talk.

Trubisky has basically be a poor man's Foles so far. Capable of really high level play but even more inconsistent than Foles with lower lows.

Archived