• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help vote Sam Mills get into the Pro Football HOF

BlackCats2013

14 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Players don't represent teams in the HoF

I understand that they don't technically, but usually in their speeches and throughout the media hype up/ceremonies when they get into the HoF there tends to be an emphasis/focus on one team. The tweet up there showing a picture of Sam w/ a NO jersey is an example of that, and it should be a Panthers jersey/association considering his impact as a leader from day 1 when we came in as an expansion franchise and then the transition to coaching and his fight with cancer here and becoming the heart and soul and embodiment of the franchise, with Keep Pounding still being our motto to this day.

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 8:43 PM, t96 said:

I understand that they don't technically, but usually in their speeches and throughout the media hype up/ceremonies when they get into the HoF there tends to be an emphasis/focus on one team. The tweet up there showing a picture of Sam w/ a NO jersey is an example of that, and it should be a Panthers jersey/association considering his impact as a leader from day 1 when we came in as an expansion franchise and then the transition to coaching and his fight with cancer here and becoming the heart and soul and embodiment of the franchise, with Keep Pounding still being our motto to this day.

Agreed on his leadership and what he meant to the Panther Nation.  That said his impact in New Orleans cannot be denied.  Mills, Pat Swilling and the rest of the defense, especially the linebackers, put New Orleans in the Playoffs for the first time.  I'm sure you remember the paperbags and Ain'ts.  It wasn't until that defense came to be.  That New Orleans became relevant. 

Archived