• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

136 yards

tiger7_88

Most of the "true believers" are still too orgasmic from moving on from Cam that Teddy's limitations haven't even occurred to them.

I like Teddy the guy. Hell, I'd love him as a long-term backup. But he's not a long-term answer as a starter. Ideally, he's the stop gap and wet nurse for the next guy. He's perfect for that and I honestly think that's the exact plan.

1 minute ago, Double Trouble said:

Knew the Charger win would come back to haunt us. Even if we lose out and go 3-13, Jax and NYJ will out tank us for Fields and Lawrence. So #Suck4Sewell it is.

Considering how good he can be at LT I’d be ok with this. 

1 minute ago, Double Trouble said:

Knew the Charger win would come back to haunt us. Even if we lose out and go 3-13, Jax and NYJ will out tank us for Fields and Lawrence. So #Suck4Sewell it is.

Lance and Wilson are still very intriguing options. Teddy on the roster means we don't HAVE to throw the rookie to the wolves so we're not forced to look for a guy NFL ready from day one.

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Considering how good he can be at LT I’d be ok with this. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't totally shook by all the highly touted OT busts over the past decade or so. It's crazy how many *insert Kyper-isms* "can't miss plug and play future All-Pros" have been complete busts. OL used to be the safest 1st round pick you could make. It seems like it's become one of the riskiest.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Most of the "true believers" are still too orgasmic from moving on from Cam that Teddy's limitations haven't even occurred to them.

I like Teddy the guy. Hell, I'd love him as a long-term backup. But he's not a long-term answer as a starter. Ideally, he's the stop gap and wet nurse for the next guy. He's perfect for that and I honestly think that's the exact plan.

It's more of trying to give him the benefit of the doubt this season.... He's probably not ever going to be a superstar but he's far from horrible like a ton of posters claim.

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's more of trying to give him the benefit of the doubt this season.... He's probably not ever going to be a superstar but he's far from horrible like a ton of posters claim.

Far from horrible is nowhere near good enough. QB is the one position that you can never settle for mediocrity. Depending on your roster, you can potentially get away with mediocre anywhere else, but you can't afford it at QB. The hard cap just doesn't allow you to build a roster that can compete year in and year out with mediocrity at QB.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Far from horrible is nowhere near good enough. QB is the one position that you can never settle for mediocrity. Depending on your roster, you can potentially get away with mediocre anywhere else, but you can't afford it at QB.

Agreed but throwing a fit about It when you haven't had a shot to get a franchise QB is irrational... We have a lot of holes and our offensive line will probably be five different guys next season...

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lance and Wilson are still very intriguing options. Teddy on the roster means we don't HAVE to throw the rookie to the wolves so we're not forced to look for a guy NFL ready from day one.

I agree and if Sewell is gone then I am totally for it (moreso for Lance). But I'm just tired of not committing to LT. Our attempts to solve the position (Kalil and Little mainly) have just been so half-hearted and a waste of $ and valuable draft capital.  Moton and Sewell for a decade (or close to that) with a young QB to come later just seems hard to pass up. 

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's called realistic expectations ding dong. Anyone who expected a super is an idiot, Not being a super star doesn't mean you suck though... He does have more than six times as many passing TDs as your teams quarterback though.

It’s actually as if you expect people to ignore your past posts and forget them as compared to this “sane” post now.

Good try i guess since this world and this forum are full of idiots.

Archived