• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Conundrum

WarHeel

Just now, Icege said:

Quote them then.

Quote the posts where they make good plays and you go out of your way to remind folks that they're stopgaps here on one year deals while criticizing everything from tackling form to hairstyle.

Go ahead. If you've got the proof, present it.

This is a strawman. Whitehead and Boston would actually need to make some good plays first.

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

The funny part of that, that same guy you're quoting has been one of the guys saying Bridgewater isn't the problem. For some god forsaken reason. 

He isn't tho, to me at least.

The problems would include a brand new coaching staff with a COVID-influenced offseason (that has also resulted in a higher rate of injuries such as ACL tears & Achilles' tendon ruptures), a porous OL, a defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down, a lack of a big bodied redzone weapon, and more.

I'm also looking at the totality of Rhule's contract and expectations that were set prior to the season starting. We were expecting them to have roster deficiencies, but even with the difference in talent and all of the issues of again a brand new staff/scheme without a complete offseason to implement everything the team is still hanging in there for most games. Defense got their doors blown off in this game, but we're talking about QB like whoever gets put behind the OL next year in it's current state is gonna have themselves a 2016 Cam type season where they just get killed behind the line all year.

I don't understand how "I wouldn't trade the farm to move up for one of the top 4 QBs in this draft" somehow means, "Teddy is the franchise."

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is a strawman. Whitehead and Boston would actually need to make some good plays first.

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

(Tre's got a fumble recovery or two. I would totally accept a post about him being able to get it because he's always "just around the play" rather than being directly involved.)

1 minute ago, Icege said:

He isn't tho, to me at least.

The problems would include a brand new coaching staff with a COVID-influenced offseason (that has also resulted in a higher rate of injuries such as ACL tears & Achilles' tendon ruptures), a porous OL, a defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down, a lack of a big bodied redzone weapon, and more.

I'm also looking at the totality of Rhule's contract and expectations that were set prior to the season starting. We were expecting them to have roster deficiencies, but even with the difference in talent and all of the issues of again a brand new staff/scheme without a complete offseason to implement everything the team is still hanging in there for most games. Defense got their doors blown off in this game, but we're talking about QB like whoever gets put behind the OL next year in it's current state is gonna have themselves a 2016 Cam type season where they just get killed behind the line all year.

I don't understand how "I wouldn't trade the farm to move up for one of the top 4 QBs in this draft" somehow means, "Teddy is the franchise."

I didn't read the rest, because that's your issue right there. He's clearly one of the problems. Is he the main problem? Hell no. But, is he one of the problems? Absolutely. He's a top 3 problem I believe. Defensive personnel is one, interior offensive line is one, and Teddy Bridgewater is also a problem. Period. 

I didn't read the rest, because that's your issue right there. He's clearly one of the problems. Is he the main problem? Hell no. But, is he one of the problems? Absolutely. He's a top 3 problem I believe. Defensive personnel is one, interior offensive line is one, and Teddy Bridgewater is also a problem. Period. 

And that would be your issue.

Somebody doesn't agree that he's a top 3 issue and you ignore that they agree with 2 of your 3.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Icege said:

And that would be your issue.

Somebody doesn't agree that he's a top 3 issue and you ignore that they agree with 2 of your 3.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because clearly you're ignoring logic, and what Teddy is doing on the field. If you just have a competent/solid QB you win the vast majority of the games that Bridgewater and his dink and dunk ass haven't won down a score with time left. Pretty simple. If you don't think he's one of the problems, well then, you're not footballing correctly. PERIOD. 

5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Because clearly you're ignoring logic, and what Teddy is doing on the field. If you just have a competent/solid QB you win the vast majority of the games that Bridgewater and his dink and dunk ass haven't won down a score with time left. Pretty simple. If you don't think he's one of the problems, well then, you're not footballing correctly. PERIOD. 

You do realize that any other QB that gets into Brady's system is going to dink and dunk, right?

Or do you not understand offensive schemes?

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

You do realize that any other QB that gets into Brady's system is going to dink and dunk, right?

Or do you not understand offensive schemes?

It’s amazing how many don’t seem to understand this. 

Or anything actually football related for that matter 

Yeah, because LSU just dunked and dinked their way down the field last year. Burrow didn’t put up ungodly numbers or anything. Yawn. Excuses followed by more excuses for Teddy. 

Bridgewater has taken his shots when the OL has given him time and the play design calls for it.

Archived