• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will DJ Moore be back next year?

crowntownpanther

I’m kind of in favor of extending him during this “down” year. Anderson is going to want to get paid when his contract is up and Samuel has had some injuries in his past. A think a young big armed QB would thrive with Moore. In fact I kind of like him the most out of our top 3.

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm gonna say yes, but if we have to trade up for a QB, he could be part of the package.

I think it would be a mistake to trade him though. He's our most talented WR and he's only 23.

He definitely is but Samuel and Anderson are just as good. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions and dealing Moore would make us better in other areas. Definitely could get some high picks or a CB. It's unfortunate we are not ready to compete because we probably have one of the better WR groups in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

He definitely is but Samuel and Anderson are just as good. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions and dealing Moore would make us better in other areas. Definitely could get some high picks or a CB. It's unfortunate we are not ready to compete because we probably have one of the better WR groups in the NFL. 

The league is evolving toward high flying, high scoring offenses. It has been for awhile, but they threw gas on that fire this season by basically refusing to call all but the most blatant of offensive holding penalties and then only some of those. It's going to be hard to get true value out of that trade, especially with dumbass O'Brien resetting the elite WR trade market in a terrible way.

No reason to even consider it before he's in the final year of his contract. Look at the hauls teams got for players like Tunsil, Ramsey and Jamal Adams entering their final year. Trading Moore away early is unlikely to garner enough more, if any, than trading him at the end of his contract, compared to the value of having him dirt cheap next year before the 5th year option kicks in. Plus it gives us leverage in Samuel negotiations. If we lose Moore, we'll be desperate to resign Samuel and probably be pressured to overpay. I hope we keep Moore but if we decide he's not worth whatever contract he wants after his rookie year, then obviously you trade him to get some value rather than letting him walk for nothing. But you do that either in the 2022 offseason or before the 2022 trade deadline and not any sooner.

DJ is the last person on our entire offense that I would trade. When you draft a player like DJ who has performed the way he has with average QB play this year after below average QB play last year, and he is only 23 years old and plays WR in today's NFL, you make sure to keep that guy.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The league is evolving toward high flying, high scoring offenses. It has been for awhile, but they threw gas on that fire this season by basically refusing to call all but the most blatant of offensive holding penalties and then only some of those. It's going to be hard to get true value out of that trade, especially with dumbass O'Brien resetting the elite WR trade market in a terrible way.

I doubt we ever get true value. But something is always better than nothing. I just hope Rhule has better draft knowledge than Hurney. I really wouldn't worry as much then. Or if we got a actual GM who has draft skills and a better personality than DG. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I doubt we ever get true value. But something is always better than nothing. I just hope Rhule has better draft knowledge than Hurney. I really wouldn't worry as much then. Or if we got a actual GM who has draft skills and a better personality than DG. 

the first draft of the Rhule era seems to of gone pretty well. 

Archived