• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will DJ Moore be back next year?

crowntownpanther

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Without looking at the contracts specifically I assume some or all of those cuts come with a cap penalty in the form of bonus money being applied next year.

And in 2022. And you can’t use the space until AFTER June 1. Not much impact from FA then. The whole scenario is just unrealistic. 

DJ Moore might be the most unappreciated stud we have had in Carolina.  2nd only to Star IMO. 

DJ Moore finished as a top 10 WR last year in receiving yards last year.  Currently sits in the top 5 this season.   And the primary conversation this year has been some variation of Robbie Anderson being better to should he be the guy we trade/let go. 

Keep DJ everybody else is suspect. He'd be Smitty and I'd either sign or draft a bigger receiver to help get those tough yards and YACS. Samuel needs his opportunity to be that guy pass or fail. I just think it's somewhere like NY. Anderson? I don't know. Usually i don't like my receivers under 190lb. He's done well but you need some meat on your bones in the NFL.

DJ should remain priority.

Long time fans of the NFL will remember when the team formerly known as the Redskins threw tons of cash (pre salary cap days) at older players in an effort to more or less buy a championship. They were literally hell on wheels for a year or so then the age factor caught up with them and they pretty much tanked with the "over the hill gang". 

In my opinion we have a good base of young players and a few "bench sitters". I agree with Okung gone, Paradis being replaced through draft or free agency, Boston maybe restructure his contract and Thompson, see what is there come draft time. Cut the deadwood and continue to build a young, hungry team that will be competitive long term. Rhule has the right ideas so give him the tools he needs.

On 11/25/2020 at 3:42 PM, CRA said:

DJ Moore might be the most unappreciated stud we have had in Carolina.  2nd only to Star IMO. 

DJ Moore finished as a top 10 WR last year in receiving yards last year.  Currently sits in the top 5 this season.   And the primary conversation this year has been some variation of Robbie Anderson being better to should he be the guy we trade/let go. 

Moore is 11th in yards per game not top 5. Every team other than us and Tampa have had a bye.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:21 PM, gorillamilitia13 said:

I'm not quite sure if this is what you implied but if it comes down to choosing to keep Moore or RA, you keep Moore. 

No, I think we keep both and let Samuel walk if it comes down to that.  I really like Samuel, but a #3 should not break the bank.

Archived