• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Your Boss Thinks COVID is a Hoax

RockyTopVol

2 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

I’m not lecturing, you twits. You tell me, objectively, what is more important. You can get another job. 

The Maslow’s hierarchy will help you understand what is happening right now.  In order for people to take safety seriously, physiological needs must be fulfilled.  Unfortunately, pandemic is taking a serious physiological impact on a lot of people so they will not be able to move to second stage no matter how hard you will try.

So to answer your question what is more important is literally depends on where the person is on that table below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

B4D2FCC0-7BF7-4564-863C-2EAD0C07163A.jpeg

I appreciate the conversation on this. If nothing else, you guys have helped me realize how foolish I am to feel ridiculous for having a mask when nobody else does. I'm right. It's just really weird coming from a company that was SUPER corporate to here. I've heard my last company won't let anybody in the door without taking a rapid test. Now, these guys at my new job wouldn't even stop coming to work if they had a dry cough and lost their sense of smell (I'm guessing).

15 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

The Maslow’s hierarchy will help you understand what is happening right now.  In order for people to take safety seriously, physiological needs must be fulfilled.  Unfortunately, pandemic is taking a serious physiological impact on a lot of people so they will not be able to move to second stage no matter how hard you will try.

So to answer your question what is more important is literally depends on where the person is on that table below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

B4D2FCC0-7BF7-4564-863C-2EAD0C07163A.jpeg

This makes perfect sense for the individual. But if your concern is for another, getting them the bottom of the pyramid requires them to actually be alive, so I guess it's more about empathy which varies wildly between people.

14 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

This makes perfect sense for the individual. But if your concern is for another, getting them the bottom of the pyramid requires them to actually be alive, so I guess it's more about empathy which varies wildly between people.

You're scoring pretty low on the empathy scale yourself making these assumptions about someone whose situation you're not well aware of at all. Just sayin'...

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're scoring pretty low on the empathy scale yourself making these assumptions about someone whose situation you're not well aware of at all. Just sayin'...

This is about 99% of US population.  Only see things from our point of view.  It’s an unconscious bias we are all guilty off. I get both sides of the concern.

You are in a very high risk situation.  If you keep that job I would strongly advise you and your family to have no contact with your mother.

I can't believe there are so many idiots out there.  You are in a tough situation.

This may be of interest:

https://hrdailyadvisor.blr.com/2020/09/28/what-tennessees-new-covid-19-liability-law-covers/

(Document everything!!)

What Tennessee COVID-19 Recovery Act Covers
Last month, Governor Bill Lee signed the Tennessee COVID-19 Recovery Act, limiting the types of legal charges coronavirus victims may assert and raising the pleading standards for claims to go forward. The state legislature had passed the bill in early August during a special session called by the governor.

The Act broadly protects “persons”—individuals and legal entities, including businesses, hospitals, schools, nonprofits, and religious institutions—from claims “arising from COVID-19” unless the claimant can prove gross negligence or willful misconduct by clear and convincing evidence.

Archived