• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Enough to make a person cry. Alternatives to drafting Little

raleigh-panther

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Objectively speaking, Ridley is probably better.

But that really only hurts us if Moore is bad. He isn't (far from it).

I'll keep Moore. He's having a good season even though he and the QB clearly aren't on the same page. Ridley has benefitted from the much better situation for a WR and it's still close.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Factoring in also that we would have taken him at Pick #16 if Brian Burns hadn't fallen.

I’ve said it before but we should send Christmas cards to Ferrell, Daniel Jones, Hockensin, Haskins and Lindstrom. I have no idea what they did to get their teams to consider them over Burns, but thank his they did. If we took Little instead of getting Burns, ooh wee. 

2 hours ago, jerrya said:

Hindsight is easy.

It’s not hindsight. Have you been in any of the predraft threads? There was a ton of discussion in here. People loved Burns predraft and our biggest worry was actually thinking there’s no way he’d last till 16. Little was universally panned and we preferred Taylor, Risner, McCoy (my favorite and now a top 25 under 25 for NO) and Jenkins. We all thought that T was a bit weaker in 2019 and that 2020 was the year to get a bookend for Moton. You can call it hindsight or just plain bad picks like Gaulden who everyone disliked as soon as the pick was made. Sometimes our GM just plain sucks, it’s not hindsight. As posted earlier, there appear to be plenty of moves universally panned by the folks who love the draft and we, unfortunately, seem to be far more right than Hurney was, at least pre-Rhule.

25 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s not hindsight. Have you been in any of the predraft threads? There was a ton of discussion in here. People loved Burns predraft and our biggest worry was actually thinking there’s no way he’d last till 16. Little was universally panned and we preferred Taylor, Risner, McCoy (my favorite and now a top 25 under 25 for NO) and Jenkins. We all thought that T was a bit weaker in 2019 and that 2020 was the year to get a bookend for Moton. You can call it hindsight or just plain bad picks like Gaulden who everyone disliked as soon as the pick was made. Sometimes our GM just plain sucks, it’s not hindsight. As posted earlier, there appear to be plenty of moves universally panned by the folks who love the draft and we, unfortunately, seem to be far more right than Hurney was, at least pre-Rhule.

And we both can go back to Gettleman drafts and show the same thing. I can vouch for you wanting Kittle. And I’m sure you remember me losing it when we traded up for Dashon Hall with picks that could have been Eddie Jackson and Carl Lawson. This isn’t just a Hurney thing. The draft isn’t that hard if you pay attention. Just like the salary cap doesn’t take an Ivy Leaguer to understand. Edit: And let’s not forget about Crosby and Omenihu. 

I got called anti-SEC because I said Little was a mistake....lol

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And we both can go back to Gettleman drafts and show the same thing. I can vouch for you wanting Kittle. And I’m sure you remember me losing it when we traded up for Dashon Hall with picks that could have been Eddie Jackson and Carl Lawson. This isn’t just a Hurney thing. The draft isn’t that hard if you pay attention. Just like the salary cap doesn’t take an Ivy Leaguer to understand. 

I got called anti-SEC because I said Little was a mistake....lol

Very true. At least with Hall, it was just 1 pick in between CMC, Samuel, Moton, Elder, Armah and Butker. Little was after Burns but then part of Grier, Miller, Scarlett, Daley and Godwin. Sucks having a 1 player draft where nobody in here liked anyone outside of Burns.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney actually said at the time of the draft that the first three picks were need picks. Everybody after Will Grier was BPA.

Well I guess that shows you how that works out. Both Grier and Little have been huge busts. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What do we consider the 2019 draft then? 

Christian Miller and Daley have shown enough flashes to have a place in this league. That’s enough to make it 1000x better than 2016.

Bradberry was the only player worth a damn and it took Vernon to get a 2nd contract to actually start playing.

16 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Christian Miller and Daley have shown enough flashes to have a place in this league. That’s enough to make it 1000x better than 2016.

Bradberry was the only player worth a damn and it took Vernon to get a 2nd contract to actually start playing.

If those two showed “flashes” then Worley and Butler sure did to. If it wasn’t for injuries would Daley have ever even played much at all. And what has Miller shown? It’s every bit as bad as 2016 if not worse. Little is already done. Grier was a waste. Scarlett is gone. What has Daley done this year? And Miller is at home. 

Archived