• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs at the top of the 2nd round of the NFL Draft

rey2009

I just took a quick browse through the list of QBs currently playing in the NFL. There aren't many names that aren't starting already that grabbed my attention.

I think Pennington's a FA this year, but that'd definitely be just a stop gap. There's a few backups around that could manage our offence, but certainly nobody to get excited about.

Sadly, for the Panthers, this QB draft class is also very weak, so I don't see a solution coming from that avenue either.

i think this QB draft class is pretty strong, actually. there are quite a few that are going to be taken early. i have a feeling that most that will be early picks will come from spread offenses, though.

give me a QB who isn't afraid to take most of his snaps under center and who can actually read defenses as opposed to taking a quick look to see if anyone is open and then running.

OK, CH you knock 2 highly touted prospects. So who is your pick?

You realize The Golden Calf of Bristol isnt exactly highly touted as a QB prospect right? In fact, if the Jaguars werent desperately needing something-anything-to boost attendance, The Golden Calf of Bristol might slip to day 2.

If Panthers fans want to win now, a FA QB may be a better option than possibly overdrafting a QB in the top of the second. Then taking a developmental QB later on, like Dan Lefevour who had 6 total TDs last night, or Tim Hiller or Pat Devlin, someone like that would be a good option, I think. We should get some supplemental picks to work with as well. WR, CB, KR, D-line, O-line depth are other priorities.

So he will probably go day 1.... but he's not highly touted.... ok then...

Jacksonville needs a headline. Drafting The Golden Calf of Bristol does that. If not for Jacksonville being desperate, its highly doubtful The Golden Calf of Bristol goes before the 4th round.

Jacksonville needs a headline. Drafting The Golden Calf of Bristol does that. If not for Jacksonville being desperate, its highly doubtful The Golden Calf of Bristol goes before the 4th round.

I say that's a good thing especially for us.

I hope Jville is dumb enough to not pick a good QB. More for us to choose from.

A QB that I really like coming out this year is Max Hall from BYU. The guy is very mature and smart, and just deadly accurate. He's 6'1 200lbs, so essentially the same size as Jake. But he strikes me as a Matt Ryan type QB, a smart accurate QB that can contribute quickly. The only real question mark is his arm strength. Here are some relevant links.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160307

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2247

A QB that I really like coming out this year is Max Hall from BYU. The guy is very mature and smart, and just deadly accurate. He's 6'1 200lbs, so essentially the same size as Jake. But he strikes me as a Matt Ryan type QB, a smart accurate QB that can contribute quickly. The only real question mark is his arm strength. Here are some relevant links.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160307

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2247

he stock has fallen big time..since the start of this year.

If Panthers fans want to win now, a FA QB may be a better option than possibly overdrafting a QB in the top of the second. Then taking a developmental QB later on, like Dan Lefevour who had 6 total TDs last night, or Tim Hiller or Pat Devlin, someone like that would be a good option, I think. We should get some supplemental picks to work with as well. WR, CB, KR, D-line, O-line depth are other priorities.

lefevours numbers are better than football jesus, otherwise known as The Golden Calf of Bristol, and yet dan gets a 4th round grade?

i hope that the jags take The Golden Calf of Bristol, and we can get Danny boy. dude flat carries the central michigan offense. if he played for florida, he would be a lock for the 1st round. in 07, he didnt get much hype for heisman when he had 18 less total points than The Golden Calf of Bristol, yet passed for 3600+ yards, and ran for 1100+. 300 more rushing yards and nearly 400 more passing yards than football jesus. guy is a beast playing at a small school. he is the #1 guy to watch in the post season bowl games imo. idk if he will get in the east-west shrine game, senior bowl or what, but i really wanta see how he looks when the pro guys work him out.

Honestly, it's hard to imagine why. He's playing better this year than he did last year, and it's worth noting that he lost Collie, a guy who is doing pretty good on Sundays with the Colts.

Alot of it has to do with the fact that he will be 25 before he ever takes an NFL snap.

Archived