• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1 ugh.

TheMaulClaw

Looked over stats - we aren't playing terrible on Offense. 3pt% needs to improve - but we are letting them sniff 60.0 FG% - thats insane.. if we want to run and gun - fine.. but you still have to be respectable on D.. jeezzuz

Borrego has done fine by me.. we exceeded expectations last year for sure.. players have developed under his staff - gotta win games we are expected to win now.. this is one of them sadly

1 minute ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I know I'm not a regular in game threads for the Hornets, but do people seriously think this team is...good?  Absolute BEST case scenario this year was the 8 seed.  Not a good look to be losing to the Cavs obviously, but the Hornets aren't exactly brimming with talent. 

I expect them to be competitive on opening night not just let mofos glide through the lane gettin yinged on.

1 minute ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Looked over stats - we aren't playing terrible on Offense. 3pt% needs to improve - but we are letting them sniff 60.0 FG% - thats insane.. if we want to run and gun - fine.. but you still have to be respectable on D.. jeezzuz

Borrego has done fine by me.. we exceeded expectations last year for sure.. players have developed under his staff - gotta win games we are expected to win now.. this is one of them sadly

That is why Borrego is a fine assistant coach but he just isn't head coach material. How are you going to let the opponent go on a 21-4 run to end a quarter without calling a timeout to try and cool some momentum or make a few subs when the defense looks non existent.   

9 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

James Borrego just isn't a good coach. Been saying it since he was hired. Just because he worked under Pop doesn't mean he is any good.

I've liked Borrego up to this point. If he doesnt get this team playing defense through the first quarter of the season then my perception of him will change.

6 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

That is why Borrego is a fine assistant coach but he just isn't head coach material. How are you going to let the opponent go on a 21-4 run to end a quarter without calling a timeout to try and cool some momentum or make a few subs when the defense looks non existent.   

That's very valid. He probably doesnt want to interrupt his concept based scheme.

Archived