• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly Was Drafted #9

Daddy_Uncle

5 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

It isn’t based on a single hypothetical. You are honestly being ridiculous. Wtf? In fact, your argument is more a hypothetical than mine. There’s no guarantee that the 3rd pick turns the franchise around. Get off it

Literally the only thing here that isn't hypothetical is draft pick value. That you can't comprehend that is on you. You're trying to make an argument I never made. We lost a lot of overall draft pick value today. That is a fact. Continue to engage in mental gymanstics if you desire, but understand that you're being dumb.

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

@LinvilleGorge “there is no such thing as a guarantee draft pick. There is such thing as draft value”

Proceeds to say that me pointing out Bengals, Dolphins, Raiders, Lions, Jaguars, Browns having more of this “draft value” in the last two decades than any other team in the entire league is dumb because it’s “hypothetical”

WTF point are you even trying to make? It’s literally illogical lol. 

I'm not talking about all the other teams in the league. I'm talking about the Carolina Panthers. Those are historically poorly ran franchises, just like the one we root for. We can't sit here and laugh at other franchises when our Panthers have an overall losing record.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Literally the only thing here that isn't hypothetical is draft pick value. That you can't comprehend that is on you. You're trying to make an argument I never made. We lost a lot of overall draft pick value today. That is a fact. Continue to engage in mental gymanstics if you desire, but understand that you're being dumb.

Okay. And my point was that Lions, Jags, Browns, Dolphins, Bengals and Raiders have had more of this”value” than any other team in the last 20 years. Pointing this out is “dumb” how? At what point does your point make perfect sense and mine become a dumb hypothetical? Lol 

My point remains the same but you don’t like it so you are incorrectly writing it off. THAT is actually dumb. 

8 minutes ago, Ivan Knight-Jordan said:

He’s right a top 3 pick doesn’t guarantee anything. Stop acting like you know we are going to get the best player the higher that we pick. Our first round picks seldom disappoint why would the slot matter that much if it isn’t #1.

Having a top 3 pick guaranteed that there are only 2 other choices before you get to decide your future instead of 6-10. And when you consider how many teams need a QB, that's big. Jags, Jets, Falcons, Dallas, Giants, Minnesota, Tampa, Patriots all could use a QB and could be willing to move ahead of us to get it. But hey, we showed that Washington football team what's what today. When the stakes are this high, sometimes you cant afford to leave your future in someone else's hand.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not talking about all the other teams in the league. I'm talking about the Carolina Panthers. Those are historically poorly ran franchises, just like the one we root for. We can't sit here and laugh at other franchises when our Panthers have an overall losing record.

I’m not laughing. But I’m pointing out the difference between 3-7 aren’t going to derail us. You seem to think the entire season has set us back for the next 10 years. That’s stupid. And a point YOU made. No pick is a guarantee. The 3rd is no different than the 7th in that regard. And despite what this fanbase thinks, we are historically ran WAY better than the other teams I mentioned.

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Okay. And my point was that Lions, Jags, Browns, Dolphins, Bengals and Raiders have had more of this”value” than any other team in the last 20 years. Pointing this out is “dumb” how? At what point does your point make perfect sense and mine become a dumb hypothetical? Lol 

My point remains the same but you don’t like it so you are incorrectly writing it off. THAT is actually dumb. 

We all know that some franchises are poorly managed. If you end up with high draft picks year after year you're a poorly managed franchise. Meanwhile, we're probably about to have our 5th top 10 draft pick in the last decade 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m not laughing. But I’m pointing out the difference between 3-7 aren’t going to derail us. You seem to think the entire season has set us back for the next 10 years. That’s stupid. And a point YOU made. No pick is a guarantee. The 3rd is no different than the 7th in that regard. And despite what this fanbase thinks, we are historically ran WAY better than the other teams I mentioned.

You continue to make arguments I never made. My argument is that we lost a ton of overall draft pick value today. Hell, it's not even an argument. It's a simple statement of fact.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We all know that some franchises are poorly managed. If you end up with high draft picks year after year you're a poorly managed franchise. Meanwhile, we're probably about to have our 5th top 10 draft pick in the last decade 

With a new owner, GM and coaching staff. Can’t really say it’s the same, can you? 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You continue to make arguments I never made. My argument is that we lost a ton of overall draft pick value today. Hell, it's not even an argument. It's a simple statement of fact.

Yes. And my argument is that it’s okay. I preferred  to lose out but the people acting like we ruined everything today are overreacting. That’s all I said. You said my points are dumb. I fail to see how you are drawing that conclusion when you failed to even dispute any of them. Can’t even tell me what I said that was hypothetical... even though you said my arguments are hypothetical.

The sky isn’t falling is my main point: losing today won’t ruin us. I wish we were pick 3rd. But it’s gonna be fine.

I just don’t understand the optimism and defense of this win. We’re literally a franchise QB away (and maybe an o line piece or two) from really competing. We could’ve nabbed a blue chip or a potential franchise QB. What are we gonna end up with now? A second tier first round talent. I don’t wanna keep playing for potential mediocrity. Trevor, Sewell, Wilson, parsons,  chase, fields are probably all gone. A top CB piece rarely changes a franchise and there aren’t game changers at that position in this draft. This is our worst win in a LONG time and I hope that New Orleans feels like playing for the second seed.

5 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Is there any argument that the year we took cam first overall was a franchise changing moment? While he was never the best QB in the league (sans 2015), he was a franchise QB. Win a few more meaningless  games, and you get Blaine gabbert. 

This, 100 percent. Teddy b is nothing more than an 8-8 holdover for someone else.

10 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Is there any argument that the year we took cam first overall was a franchise changing moment? While he was never the best QB in the league (sans 2015), he was a franchise QB. Win a few more meaningless  games, and you get Blaine gabbert. 

Or evaluate talent correctly and you get Russell Wilson? The best QB from that draft.

Archived