• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFP Semifinals part deux: 3 Ohio State vs 2 Clemson 800 PM EST

Talking about throwing your receiver open or hitting them in stride, I much MUCH rather my QB overthrow the receiver than under throw him. 

Teddy has a terrible track record of under throwing his receivers.  Of course he's air mailed some too....makes sense we need a QB like ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Talking about throwing your receiver open or hitting them in stride, I much MUCH rather my QB overthrow the receiver than under throw him. 

Teddy has a terrible track record of under throwing his receivers.  Of course he's air mailed some too....makes sense we need a QB like ASAP.

Right. In that video if the DB picks it he’s running back the other way. If he throws it over him to drop it in the bucket there is no way a DB can even make a play on it. He absolutely had a great arm. Never denied that. And I like His moxie. I would have zero problems drafting him. I think people just get upset when I’m critical of a guy. The only player I think is too much of a risk for me is Lance.  Lawrence, Fields, Wilson? I’d run to the podium to pick one at our spot. 

21 minutes ago, Varking said:

@LinvilleGorge @nctarheelreincarnated

I know he isn’t lighting it up but I like the way Howell is throwing the ball. And tied Trevor Lawrence for most passing touchdowns through 2 years in the ACC. A lot to like. 

He's letting it rip in the 2nd. He was throwing like he didn't trust it to be caught in the 1st. Getting Newsome involved loosened him up 

42 minutes ago, Varking said:

Fields does play in a QB friendly offense. The only person who ever claimed it was hard for QBs was Tate Martell and he’s... well... I’m sure you know. I’ve never denied or argued against that. 

Take a step back and look at your video again with critical eyes on. That throw hit the receiver in the hip. The DB if he was looking could have and should have knocked that down. The throw should have been over his head. Not on his hip. That gets picked off against a good defense. A throw over his head can’t get picked off. It’s not that most QBs can’t make that throw. All he did was crow hop and throw a ball 40 yards. Pro quarterbacks throw that over the guys head, not back on his hip. It worked out here because the competition sucks but in the pros that’s not a completion. 

And I was just using your criteria of throwing a guy open 50 yards down the field via a laser. That video is not that. 

Again the receiver had an inch of separation with the safety coming into help, any other pass would have been incomplete, lobbying the ball would have allowed the safety to come over a either pick or knock it loose.

And yes that ball was a laser almost 50 yards down field, your just trying to nitpick at this point cause you think fields is better when in reality Fields doesn’t have the arm talent to make that throw. And before you post that pass from yesterday he literally had to torque his entire body in a clean pocket to get that ball that far.

Just now, GoobyPls said:

Again the receiver had an inch of separation with the safety coming into help, any other pass would have been incomplete, lobbying the ball would have allowed the safety to come over a either pick or knock it loose.

And yes that ball was a laser almost 50 yards down field, your just trying to nitpick at this point cause you think fields is better when in reality Fields doesn’t have the arm talent to make that throw. And before you post that pass from yesterday he literally had to torque his entire body in a clean pocket to get that ball that far.

You are going to hurt yourself reaching like that. It wasn’t a nitpick. It wasn’t a good throw. 

40 minutes ago, Varking said:

@LinvilleGorge @nctarheelreincarnated

I know he isn’t lighting it up but I like the way Howell is throwing the ball. And tied Trevor Lawrence for most passing touchdowns through 2 years in the ACC. A lot to like. 

He’s solid. Clear cut top 2 QB next years draft.  Doesn’t have the arm touch like Rattler, but a good QB nonetheless. 

13 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

He’s solid. Clear cut top 2 QB next years draft.  Doesn’t have the arm touch like Rattler, but a good QB nonetheless. 

Rattler is a frosh and isn't even in the next draft.  Was also benched earlier this season for sucking.  Do your homework man.

Archived