• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 1st round draft mini breakdown

Verge

Can't wait for the more in-depth look, Verge!  Wilson, Lance or Fields will be exciting prospects!

Wilson is somewhat of an enigma that came out of nowhere, but he obviously can play ball. I just hope he lives up to his considerable hype, especially for a team that will expect him to compete day one!

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Can't wait for the more in-depth look, Verge!  Wilson, Lance or Fields will be exciting prospects!

Wilson is somewhat of an enigma that came out of nowhere, but he obviously can play ball. I just hope he lives up to his considerable hype, especially for a team that will expect him to compete day one!

Id add Jones too.  I really see Brady liking him in this system--not to say he will not like Wilson et al better, but...

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

Please do. And if you’re going to go back a few games to look for bad tape, don’t forget the previous entire year of great tape as well. And don’t forget to include Lances tape from 2020. 

I am REALLY looking forward to breaking these QBs down. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I really, REALLY like Wilson but the one year wonder thing combined with the injury issues (that likely heavily contributed to him being a one year wonder) definitely cause me some serious pause.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Fields literally has the same skill set except he can throw better and has done it for longer. He’s also probably going to post a better 40 time than Lance. 

Fields has the production for sure. He should though, coming from the superior program with markedly better talent. I don't think that he can necessarily throw better; honestly, that remains to be seen. I also believe that Lance might be physically stronger than Fields and is more nifty and improvisational with his legs. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Fields has the production for sure. He should though, coming from the superior program with markedly better talent. I don't think that he can necessarily throw better; honestly, that remains to be seen. I also believe that Lance might be physically stronger than Fields and is more nifty and improvisational with his legs. 

Fields is shorter but weighs more than Lance. As far as talent gap though... OSU doesn’t win the National Championship every year but NDSU basically does. They are far more talented than everyone they play even in the championship games. 

I have a feeling these QB breakdowns are going to intentionally exclude Lance’s 2020 game. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brady has three upcoming HC interviews. He may not be part of this evaluation process and our offense could potentially look different next year.

Correct. Brady isn’t going to be here long term so we don’t need to cater to his wants. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really, REALLY like Wilson but the one year wonder thing combined with the injury issues (that likely heavily contributed to him being a one year wonder) definitely cause me some serious pause.

I like Wilson, and, perhaps contrary to popular belief, I see why people would choose him over Lance or Fields (I said as much in a post after first seeing him). The one-year-wonder thing doesn't bother me nearly as much as his injury history. But, as long as his shoulder gets a 100 percent clean bill of health from doctors across the league, I won't think anything more about it.

• Pie 3

The only game "tape" that may hurt Fields is the Indiana game this year and Northwestern game last year.  Scouts still love the kid.  In fact there are a few drooling over him because there's a few things in his game that they saw in Mahomes coming out.

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

I like seeing the good words on Mac Jones. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him and think he deserves scouts attention. Where exactly J don’t know but he seems promising. Maybe more than a Dalton.

Oh, he's definitely getting scouts' attention. I'm sure every team on the hunt for a QB in this draft is doing homework on Mac Jones. Scouts go a LOT deeper down the list than the media does. That's why virtually every year there are some guys drafted fairly high that have even us football nerds being like...

YxbxdJ.gif

• Beer 3