• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston?

FuFuLamePoo

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

From what I have seen the cost would at least be 2 firsts and a second. I would gladly give them our 1st this year and next, a 2nd rounder, and Teddy.

The Texans said it would take three firsts, three seconds and a player just to "start the conversation".

That's not a conversation I care to be part of.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Texans said it would take three firsts, three seconds and a player just to "start the conversation".

That's not a conversation I care to be part of.

Oh, I have not seen that, that is too much. If Watson demands a trade they would be inclined to take less. I am definitely not getting my hopes up though, I doubt he is moved unless the situation turns toxic.

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Oh, I have not seen that, that is too much. If Watson demands a trade they would be inclined to take less. I am definitely not getting my hopes up though, I doubt he is moved unless the situation turns toxic.

That's not really a starting offer.

It's a polite way of saying fu...I mean, "don't bother making an offer because we're not doing it".

All i seen was the Texans promised he would have input in hiring of HC & GM. They hired a firm, gave texans 5 names, ignored them hired the serial killer. During that process, they never contracted Watson. Its not wise to upset a elite QB..

I wonder what was actually said. "Yeah sure we'll keep you in the loop" or " You will have a vote in the hiring process". Granted their front office seems to be populated by idiots so anything is possible but it could be getting blown out of proportion by Watson. Regardless, if he interpreted whatever was said  to be him as a stakeholder and then was left out., they have problems.

31 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Did I read that right?

Watson suggested some GM candidates for the position and the Texans completely ignored him and hired Caserio and that, on top of Hopkins being traded last year, is why he's sulking?

Ooooph. 

Don't think he ever actually made any suggestions because he wasn't given the chance to do so. McNair apparently promised to let him have input on the hiring, but per the article he never actually reached out to him.

The ones whose suggestions got ignored were the search firm that the team actually hired and paid to run the search.

Archived