• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday NFL Playoff Game Chatter

Zod

10 minutes ago, Davis83 said:

Prevent defense - preventing the Browns from winning.

They aren't really playing prevent defense.  They are playing more nickle and dime packages, which is the right thing to do as the Steelers are mostly throwing the ball.  The reality is that the Steelers offense is playing better.  

They were playing prevent offense, although they might be shifting a little bit now.  

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Field goal + TD+ 2 point conversion.

You missed my point. I agree they should have gone for two at 22. I’m saying at 16 they went for 2 and missed it. If they went for the XP twice they are down 35-24. They didn’t need to go for 2 at 22 if they didn’t miss it at 16.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It was close enough that I was sweating it.

We had a habit of blowing leads late that season. Luckily, we built up enough of a lead in the first half of most games to cover.

We actually only blew one big lead during Rivera's time here.  Came close several other times, but it only matters if you lose.  

3 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Field goal + TD+ 2 point conversion.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

You missed my point. I agree they should have gone for two at 22. I’m saying at 16 they went for 2 and missed it. If they went for the XP twice they are down 35-24. They didn’t need to go for 2 at 22 if they didn’t miss it at 16.

My bad. Caught it after I sent.

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

We actually only blew one big lead during Rivera's time here.  Came close several other times, but it only matters if you lose.  

It's the fact that we got close that made me nervous.

We did that way too often for my tastes.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Steelers really fuged up punting that ball. That was probably the nail in the coffin.

Yep. Tomlin has kind of been a moron tonight. They should have been down 35-24 and they should have gone for it instead of punting. In the 4th quarter down two TDs (because of the XP fiasco), you cannot go down 3 TDs or you are done. You can’t punt on 4th and 1 down 12 in the 4th. If it’s 4th and 10, well you need to count on your D. 4th and 1? Easy choice.

Archived