• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Thread: 3 The Ohio State Buckeyes vs 1 Alabama Crimson Tide 8 PM All ESPN Networks

Just now, top dawg said:

Squeaky clean pockets and wide open windows will change the day he sets foot on an NFL field, and that's a fact! 

I'm not saying that you shouldn't give the kid a look. But what I am saying is that you don't reach for him in the first!

He's a QB, there is no "reaching"

Either you've got a 1st round grade on him as an organization or you don't

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Exactly! You saw him fumble it away when the rush came. He couldn't slide away from it, or run away from it!

I think your definition of mobility is limited to quick twitch muscle fibers and the ability to run a 4.6

These things, even now, are not what NFL teams are talking about when they evaluate a Q Bs mobility

4 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Jones might not have any elite attributes, but watching the Film Room broadcast of the game. He reads the field well and processes information quickly. On that last TD pass, as soon as the safety committed to the right side of the field, he released the ball to left side deep for Smith TD. 

Yeah. He is tall. He is decisive. He seems to be able to make every throw

he also appears to have intelligence. What did they say ..,two or three degrees 

we could do worse I think....and yes I know Bama is a power house but he still has to process and make throws...huge in the pros 

Just now, Growl said:

He's a QB, there is no "reaching"

Either you've got a 1st round grade on him as an organization or you don't

He's not even a legit first round prospect right now, QB or not. 

You don't draft an inferior QB when you can get a slam dunk at another position of need!

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He's not even a legit first round prospect right now, QB or not. 

You don't draft an inferior QB when you can get a slam dunk at another position of need!

I'm so glad we have you here, with your long and illustrious career of misfires to make these scouting assessments for us

Archived