• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on a cheaper quarterback option

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, if QB doesn't go the right way for us in the draft this wouldn't be the worst idea if we could get him for a mid-round pick. I'd rather take a chance on Hurts than roll with Teddy again. 

They aren't going to trade him for a mid-round pick. He is a cheap and capable backup. What is the benefit to trading him?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're in the playoffs this year with Stafford instead of Teddy.

Quite possibly, but you cannot assume everything else plays out the same either.  Hell he could've gotten injured and missed most of the season like CMC or the defense could have been ass like most predicted.  It's just a crap shoot anyway you slice it.  But it would have been fun to watch at least.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Do the Eagles have to dump Hurts if keeping Wentz?  I mean they need a backup also.

They don't have to, but teams don't like quarterback controversies either. And mind you, Hurts was pretty pissed at being sat down in the final game.

Like I said at the top though, speculation.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They aren't going to trade him for a mid-round pick. He is a cheap and capable backup. What is the benefit to trading him?

Avoiding the inevitable quarterback controversy and placating Carson Wentz.

Throw in that while not necessarily the wisest move, I'd never underestimate the ability of the Eagles front office to do stupid sh-t.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

They don't have to, but teams don't like quarterback controversies either. And mind you, Hurts was pretty pissed at being sat down in the final game.

Like I said at the top though, speculation.

I think the only controversy up there right now is who the HC is going to be.  They are married to Wentz for a while and if he's beyond repair then they will need Hurt's one would think.  But stranger things have happened.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think the only controversy up there right now is who the HC is going to be.  They are married to Wentz for a while and if he's beyond repair then they will need Hurt's one would think.  But stranger things have happened.

Granted, but Wentz and Hurts are both pretty pissed off right now.

Can't imagine that situation is good for the locker room, especially not if guys start choosing sides.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Depends on the trade compensation. I don't think I'd want to give up what he'll go for.

That's probably my take.

At this point, Stafford is probably just a stopgap, but you might have to give up more than stopgap rates to get him.

Plus as mentioned, I've never been that big a fan of his.

Unless there's a major locker room rift in Philadelphia, why would they look to move Hurts?

It literally only hurts them. He's earning nothing (relatively) for the next three years and provides you with a backup QB that you at least know can play.

It'd take a 1st round pick+ to pry him away.

Hurts was drafted last year in the 2nd. He had a good few games, beat the Saints. He is on a rookie contract for 3 more years. It would take a 1st Rd pick to get Hurts at this point. Anything less and your not giving value to the Eagles to make them want to make a deal.

Archived