• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Growing sense, DeShaun is done as a Texan. #itshappening

15 hours ago, Ravens_5_52 said:

tenor.gif

I don't ever really post here and haven't for a while(you can tell by the user name lol) but came here to see how you all felt about potentially Watson. Then I see this, we about to extend him with a new contract that even I'm skeptical of but feel he'll be alright if we can get him some receivers. 

As for Watson, I would like to see you guys trade for him because that would put you guys back on track as contenders immediately. I know this isn't the NBA but this league is driven by QBs more than ever. They certainly give it a NBA feel where one QB changes the entire team. IE, Tom Brady having the Bucs on the doorstep of the Super Bowl. You guys finished 5-11, the Bears backed into the playoffs as the 7th seed at 8-8. You had 8 games that were lost by 8 or less points, and if you a few of those games including the Bears game, you may have been in as the 7th seed. Wish you all the best in 2021. 

Well I thought Ravens did a solid wr draft in 2020. With the Duvernay and Proche picks. Looking how it turned out, maybe I just dont have a clue. Not that I have given up on them.

And I think Lamar is a top QB. Just not my preferred style of play. In a passing league,  he needs to pass more. Maybe that's on the OC. 

21 hours ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I am neither stupid or trying to sensationalize anything. I saw three Miami games in which Tua looked lost (being kind) and clearly a much worse QB than Fitzpatrick not to mention Herbert who was drafted after him. The Panthers trading a second round pick for Tua would be STUPID. Houston might like that trade and Miami would love it. The Panthers would be screwed in that deal.

Glad you judge someone off of 3 game and already know everything. People were roasting Allen after 2 seasons. I’d like to see tua play after a real offseason and competent coaching. Fussing about him now is jumping to conclusions 

On 1/17/2021 at 12:04 PM, 45catfan said:

He needs to go to a team on the cusp just lacking solid QB play and we aren't there yet.  We will have to mortgage our future to get him.  So no.  Let's build through the draft and not through FA or high-profile trades.

Uh...a lot of the losses were 7 points or less and for the sole inability to make a 4th quarter comeback. If that's not on the 'cusp of just lacking a solid QB play' category, I don't know what is. 

27 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Glad you judge someone off of 3 game and already know everything. People were roasting Allen after 2 seasons. I’d like to see tua play after a real offseason and competent coaching. Fussing about him now is jumping to conclusions 

Allen deserves the MVP this year. 

44 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I am not sold on Tua, but you are correct.  It is way to early to judge.  Most qb's struggle in their first year.  Peyton manning had 11 interceptions in his first four starts.  Tua could turn it around next year, especially if the injury he suffered at Alabama becomes fully healed.  

28 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am not sold on Tua, but you are correct.  It is way to early to judge.  Most qb's struggle in their first year.  Peyton manning had 11 interceptions in his first four starts.  Tua could turn it around next year, especially if the injury he suffered at Alabama becomes fully healed.  

Im not sold on Tua either, if you read my original post in here you’d see I was against the trade.

I was Just stating that saying he is garbage is silly. Nobody knows yet. People love giving hot takes and labeling players rather quickly. It’s good if you’re on Twitter or your name is Steven A Smith to jump to conclusions. But for anyone wanting to sound like they have a brain, saying “I reserve judgement at this point” is a lot smarter. 

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Uh...a lot of the losses were 7 points or less and for the sole inability to make a 4th quarter comeback. If that's not on the 'cusp of just lacking a solid QB play' category, I don't know what is. 

Cusp would mean we would have won half of those games. If you are delusional enough to think we are a playoff team next year, then I want what you are smoking.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Cusp would mean we would have won half of those games. If you are delusional enough to think we are a playoff team next year, then I want what you are smoking.

..and you're asinine if you think that not having an upgrade at the QB position does not = more wins. Especially like I stated that they lost several games because OF THE QB PLAY which YOU brought up. Delusional? No, a realist, fug yes. Plug in DeShaun Watson into these scenarios and you win most of them. Easily. Having a Franchise QB makes it easier to build around him. 

Don't see why people don't see this. 

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

..and you're asinine if you think that not having an upgrade at the QB position does not = more wins. Especially like I stated that they lost several games because OF THE QB PLAY which YOU brought up. Delusional? No, a realist, fug yes. Plug in DeShaun Watson into these scenarios and you win most of them. Easily. Having a Franchise QB makes it easier to build around him. 

Don't see why people don't see this. 

Because there are too many holes on this team.  Dan Marino would like a word with you, son.

3 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

...you mean to tell me that a team with "too many holes." was in most of their games and lost by a score or less? Wow...Common sense would like a word you you bud.

Win/loss what part of that do you not get?  Close only is good in horseshoes and hand grenades. Oh yeah, just one player away...that's right.  How many SBs does Watson have?  That's having the cusp defensive MVP on the other side in JJ Watt.  But carry on.....  Let me guess, the brass didn't surround him with talent.  Sounds awfully familiar...uh, empathetic.

Archived