• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How soon will Deshaun and Houston be open to trade talks?

Zod

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Thanks.

The article seems to indicate that McNair and Watson had dinner and Watson was able to provide his input at that time.

So where's the problem?

----------------------------

Houston Texans CEO Cal McNair still is contemplating what direction he wants to take his franchise with its head coach and general manager openings and has solicited many opinions, including those of quarterback Deshaun Watson.

McNair told ESPN this past week that he recently had dinner with Watson, and the direction of the Texans' franchise came up during their conversation. McNair wanted to hear Watson's thoughts and opinions on who should be the next head coach, and Watson shared his opinions with McNair.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

I'll go in with others saying that nothing will likely happen until the new HC is hired. Who that is and how much DW likes it will determine next steps. Logically, Watson would stay in Houston and work it out with the new HC, but then again, I don't know how big the divide is between them.

After that, it's really up to NY and Miami. Both have young QBs. Darnold has been around longer and had to deal with some shitty coaches. I'd bet that Saleh, being the defensive minded coach he is, would like to keep Darnold, trade down to get some extra picks and really get the team moving in his direction. 

Who knows what Miami thinks or is doing, but I'd list them as the favorites for Deshaun after Houston.

The Panthers need to stay engaged, but maybe start talking to NY and Miami about what it would take to trade into their spots to get either Wilson or Fields. Whoever loses the DW sweepstakes is likely going to be fielding calls to get into a position to draft a QB.

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I actually agree that he should not be so involved. However, the front office made him a promise, and then broke that promise. You don't make promises then back out, especially to your star player, creates trust issues. If you don't want him involved, don't make the promise. They messed up long ago making the promise.

I'm sorry but this is not a cheating on your girlfriend promise broken here, which it's sounding more and more like to be honest.  He sounds kind of naive to even think he would be involved with that bunch.

25 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm sorry but this is not a cheating on your girlfriend promise broken here, which it's sounding more and more like to be honest.  He sounds kind of naive to even think he would be involved with that bunch.

The problem is that THEY were dumb enough to make the promise. A promise is a promise, either stick to them or don't make them. I do believe there is more to this than is being reported though, and I believe current and former players are playing a part.