• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade a 1st for Jordan Love? ARTICLE: Aaron Rodgers wants clarity

WarPanthers89

Darnold will probably fetch a 3rd....maybe a late 2nd. I'd toss that draft pick out for him waaaaaaay before Love. 

Now, I do think Love can be a good starting QB in the league, he just needs time. When he came out last year, that was the deal with him - patience.....and not a year patience. I don't care that he was the 3rd stringer last year, bc at one point Goff was too. 

If the asking price was a third round pick...I would maybe consider it, but even then, I still want Darnold first and foremost of all young QBs that need a change of scenery.

10 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Your math is solid, BUT, what about a second and next year's 2nd (assuming they'd go for it)? We apparently "showed strong interest" in him last year. 

I don't really think I'd trade one second rounder for him, much less two.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

The huddle man...

"Let's trade this year's and next year's second for Jordan Love!"

But also

"Matt Stafford sucks, I wouldnt trade anymore than a 3rd for him and it would have to include them taking Bridgewater!!!!"

My goodness.

Not advocating for it, just doing the math. 2 second round picks (spread out) for a #26 pic, is more realistic than #8, as OP mentioned. 

I honestly hope we never pick this early again, and don't want to waste it.

• 2 years later...