• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per source, Carolina is one of Deshaun Watson’s preferred destinations if traded.

Julio

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's a little more established source, with a pretty rational take.

How is that any different? 

I know your job around here is to be the ultra contrarian, but JJ’s tweet doesn’t go against anything OP is saying or his “insider friend” is saying...in fact, it kinda backs it up.

It’s entirely possible that the guy OP is referencing actually does have someone he trusts with this information. 

You posting some random tweets from JJ to play both sides doesn’t really change anything.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well there's established sports journalists, and and there's guys with a website and a Twitter.

I'll grant that he may be legit, but inbetween now and late March I expect we'll hear from probably fifty people who know a guy who knows a guy who used to know a guy who worked with a guy who talked to a guy who ran into a guy who saw a guy at an airport that once talked to an acquaintance of Deshaun Watson on Facebook.

Reports like this tend to be stuff I make a mental note of, but don't necessarily take as gospel.

I remember when you got mad at me for not respecting your source.

Which was some forum poster behind the paywall forum section of the Huddle.

17 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I remember when you got mad at me for not respecting your source.

Which was some forum poster behind the paywall forum section of the Huddle.

Roaring Riot is pretty well established. And more to the point, he was proven right.

The source here is apparently a high school kid.

Edited by Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

How is that any different? 

I know your job around here is to be the ultra contrarian, but JJ’s tweet doesn’t go against anything OP is saying or his “insider friend” is saying...in fact, it kinda backs it up.

It’s entirely possible that the guy OP is referencing actually does have someone he trusts with this information. 

You posting some random tweets from JJ to play both sides doesn’t really change anything.

See above.

For whatever this kid knows, I seriously doubt he's better connected than Jones, and Jones says he doesn't know whether Watson wants to play for the Panthers or not.

I suppose it's possible for a high school kid with a website to know something that an established reporter doesn't, but I'm kind of skeptical.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above.

For whatever this kid knows, I seriously doubt he's better connected than Jones, and Jones says he doesn't know whether Watson wants to play for the Panthers or not.

I suppose it's possible for a high school kid with a website to know something that an established reporter doesn't, but I'm kind of skeptical.

He’s not in HS, he’s actually attending Clemson.

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Those are two different things.  The question is whether this guy with a Twitter account knows that Watson wants to be here or is just referencing all the others Tweeting optimistic things.

Ok so people are just doubting that he wants to be here, not that we are interested. That makes more sense.

I would think the new staff/owner being all in on building a winning organization plus Moore, Anderson, CMC would be attractive for a young QB. He also played for Clemson so he knows he has quite a fan base here. I don’t see him turning down playing here...

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok so people are just doubting that he wants to be here, not that we are interested. That makes more sense.

I would think the new staff/owner being all in on building a winning organization plus Moore, Anderson, CMC would be attractive for a young QB. He also played for Clemson so he knows he has quite a fan base here. I don’t see him turning down playing here...

That the Panthers are interested and willing to aggressively pursue trade talks has been confirmed by more than one established source.

Outside of Watson's social media account liking a post about him going to the Jets, there hasn't really been much from his end.

As far as rumors, I'm pretty sure I could go to twenty different NFL message boards and every one of them would have somebody who knows somebody who knows he wants to come to their team, and they probably all have an equal amount of credibility (i.e. not much).

Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. Maybe he ends up here. Maybe he doesn't. Right now, I'm not buying either Watson's or Stafford ending up here...

...but you never know.