• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford-Goff swap is happening

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think they just really hate that Goff contract. I don't blame them.

From what I've been reading, unwillingness to take on Goff's contract was what was holding up the deal.

When the Rams offered enough that the Lions relented, that's when it happened.

• Beer 2

They just nuked Watson’s hope of getting traded. Idt anyone is trading 4-5 years worth of 1st round picks for one player. Maybe I’m wrong but that seems like it’s the price tag and I don’t think anyone can afford that. 

The Rams don’t have picks for years...but they’re in win now mode. I can’t think of a team in the Watson picture who would be in that mode. Maybe you could make the argument for the Panthers and Saints if they added him. But that’s a stretch. 

5 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

They just nuked Watson’s hope of getting traded. Idt anyone is trading 4-5 years worth of 1st round picks for one player. Maybe I’m wrong but that seems like it’s the price tag and I don’t think anyone can afford that. 

The Rams don’t have picks for years...but they’re in win now mode. I can’t think of a team in the Watson picture who would be in that mode. Maybe you could make the argument for the Panthers and Saints if they added him. But that’s a stretch. 

We could only offer the next 3 firsts cant trade them further out than that.  Our other picks though would be in play.  We can probably forget them taking Teddy and we probably have to throw in whatever player they want too.  Sick.

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The price for Stafford was likely a 1st and 3rd. The price for taking Goff's contract was a 1st. 

Don't assume that Watson is suddenly going to have to require 4-5 first round draft picks to obtain.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Trading Teddy is going to require us giving up draft capital. I said this before the Stafford trade.

Of course but Goffs deal was worse than Teddys so...still insane pricetag for Watson.  I think he stays there anyway 😏

Edited by Shocker

8 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The Rams haven't had a 1st round pick since 2016 yet they've had four consecutive winning seasons. That's the type of consistent success a Panthers fan could only dream about.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope this takes the Lions out of the running for a QB but I'm not at all sure that it does.

Person pointed out that even if it does, they're in a very good position to trade back if someone else wanted to move into that spot and take a quarterback.