• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We may not be drafting a QB with the 8th pick but maybe later...

musicman

1 hour ago, Mage said:

If it is true the Panthers were deep in the Stafford talks, then I don't see any reason to think as of now we won't be super aggressive trying to trade up for a QB.

Yep. All indications are that we were heavily involved in the Stafford trade talks and that we will be in the Watson trade talks when/if they get going. We definitely seem to be of a very aggressive mindset in solving our QB problem this off-season. 

12 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

If you like a guy you take him , rhule loves Mac jones expect him at 8 I don’t think we should trade back because 49ers , pats , saints will snatch him . 

im fine with him or tre lance , just don’t want fields or Wilson which are terrible running qbs they are not pocket passers they are college system qbs. Mac jones is pro ready same with tre lance 

Lmao Mac Jones is not going 8th.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. All indications are that we were heavily involved in the Stafford trade talks and that we will be in the Watson trade talks when/if they get going. We definitely seem to be of a very aggressive mindset in solving our QB problem this off-season. 

I agree, but we don't know "how deep or hard" they tried? It could be just due diligence and perception for the fans that they are trying every angle, so if it doesn't happen, they don't like they didn't try. If we are going to give away the farm, go for Trevor. He's as close to a sure thing in the draft as possible. But Watson and Mahomes were not #1 picks either so maybe wait. Its a crap shoot to a degree. Exciting if anything to see how it all unfolds. 

6 minutes ago, musicman said:

I agree, but we don't know "how deep or hard" they tried? It could be just due diligence and perception for the fans that they are trying every angle, so if it doesn't happen, they don't like they didn't try. If we are going to give away the farm, go for Trevor. He's as close to a sure thing in the draft as possible. But Watson and Mahomes were not #1 picks either so maybe wait. Its a crap shoot to a degree. Exciting if anything to see how it all unfolds. 

You can probably get Watson for cheaper than Trevor.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

NBC thinks Watson to Carolina is legit and we won’t settle for a rookie.  It would cost 3 first round picks.  Watson would love to have CMC, DJ and Robby as his weapons.  Rhule also said draft will be offense heavy.

I think it'll cost more than three 1sts. Three 1sts probably just kicks off the conversation. If you're not coming with at least that they're not even giving you the time of day.