• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

wanna see a guy get immediately removed from all draft boards?

electro's horse

The difference in speed, o my. 

I still remember running against a great high school RB in college. I was giving 101% and he was talking to me about half way, then he put it into another gear and I ate dust. 

Kicker was, he wasnt even on the college team! All-world High Schooler for a 4a school couldnt even make a crappy D1 team. 

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

The difference in speed, o my. 

I still remember running against a great high school RB in college. I was giving 101% and he was talking to me about half way, then he put it into another gear and I ate dust. 

Kicker was, he wasnt even on the college team! All-world High Schooler for a 4a school couldnt even make a crappy D1 team. 

A buddy of mine I played with all my childhood was basically a better version of me physically. About an inch taller, a little heavier, and a little faster, stronger and generally all around more athletic. I hung it up after my sophomore year of HS. I could see I had no future in this game. He stuck with it. Ended up walking on at a bad D1-AA school. He quit after a week. Every day after practice his head was swimming, he was having terrible headaches, and couldn't sleep. He was clearing concussion tests but he had to just accept he wasn't cut out for that level. They were just too big and too fast.

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A buddy of mine I played with all my childhood was basically a better version of me physically. About an inch taller, a little heavier, and a little faster, stronger and generally all around more athletic. I hung it up after my sophomore year of HS. I could see I had no future in this game. He stuck with it. Ended up walking on at a bad D1-AA school. He quit after a week. Every day after practice his head was swimming, he was having terrible headaches, and couldn't sleep. He was clearing concussion tests but he had to just accept he wasn't cut out for that level. They were just too big and too fast.

Nice story, I'll try to keep mine short. I went to the same school as the RB George, just I was ahead in grade. We knew each other, but not friends. George knew me cause I lifted with the some of the players for a class and most wanted me to play ball. I worked after school, had a long term gf, and raced go-carts instead of football just did not have the time. For some dumb reason I went to college and george followed soon after. The college team needed help and I bumped into him at dinner hall. Now he was about the whole offensive in HS. It was hike hand off the ball and geogre would barry sanders. 

Stories about his speed were a plenty and one a while I act out of character. He was 5'5(on a good day) 155 LBs and I was 6'3 225. Chatted up(we spoke waved before) and told him the team needs you, he laughed. Then I remember all the legendary HS stories about his speed. Begged him three times to race about 60 yards, "Nah I havnt workout in some time and need to stretch etc etc". F that, its just a fun race, I want to see your speed. "Ok, lets do this." Fyi-At the time I was slightly above average in speed. We take off, neck and neck first 15 yards or so and I reached my top gear. 20 yards, while I got my full race face on and he turns his head towards me.....Starts talking in a normal voice. I could not talk at all, since my focus was running the hardest possible. Few words later and hes like "welp time to go!" It was like when youre walking and pro power walker blows by you. Bye, I stayed in 3rd gear and george put it in 4th. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1