• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guess what this guy is officially off the books!

BurnNChinn

Just now, Toomers said:

Right at the bottom. 10M of 2021 salary guaranteed. 

Contract:

3 yr(s) / $63,000,000
Signing Bonus $15,000,000
Average Salary $21,000,000
Total Guarantees $33,000,000
Guaranteed at Signing $33,000,000
Free Agent: 2023 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER WORKOUT CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2020 Contract details by year 28 $8,000,000 $5,000,000 $703,125 $250,000 $13,953,125 $33,250,000 $23,953,125($23,953,125)  
2021 Contract details by year 29 $17,000,000 $5,000,000 $703,125 $250,000 $22,953,125 $20,000,000 $17,953,125($41,906,250)  

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 2 YR, $41,906,250; $5,000,000 DEAD CAP

2022 Contract details by year 30 $20,000,000 $5,000,000 $750,000 $250,000 $26,000,000 $5,000,000 $21,000,000($62,906,250)  
2023 Free Agent Year 31 UFA
Contract Notes:
  • $33M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2020 salary + $10M of 2021 salary)
  • Per Game Active Bonus: $46,875 ($750,000, 15 LTBE in 2021)

And this is precisely why you don't understand that there are three different types of guaranteed money in NFL salaries. There is Salary, Cap and Injury guarantees. It is extremely rare for all three guarantees to be in a contract, typically they are just Injury guaranteed. 

It is possible, although unlikely that Teddy's contract is Salary, Cap and Injury guaranteed. If it is, it would further prove how bad that contract is. I suspect, however, given the caliber of player he is that it was just an Injury guarantee. We'll find out if we cut him.

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Osweiler hadn’t been awful and injured for 3-4 years prior. He was an “blind shot at QB”. But definitely in the team picture and a legit candidate. 

His big payday was also before there was universal recognition that if John Elway likes you, it's a stone cold lock that you aren't going to be a good NFL QB.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

And this is precisely why you don't understand that there are three different types of guaranteed money in NFL salaries. There is Salary, Cap and Injury guarantees. It is extremely rare for all three guarantees to be in a contract, typically they are just Injury guaranteed. 

It is possible, although unlikely that Teddy's contract is Salary, Cap and Injury guaranteed. If it is, it would further prove how bad that contract is. I suspect, however, given the caliber of player he is that it was just an Injury guarantee. We'll find out if we cut him.

I understand everything about the salary cap and you know that. If it were injury guarantee it would specify it and on what date it took affect. It doesn’t. Which is what makes him hard to trade. 

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

It still pisses me off at just how bad Gettleman neglected protecting out franchise QB. Nate Chandler? Byron Bell? Matt Kalil? Ughhhh.

That is a problem that spanned both our terrible GM's during that span. 

I am beginning to think there is a curse on the franchise that refuses to let the team see the value in competent OL play. I hope Fitterer is the antidote to that.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is a problem that spanned both our terrible GM's during that span. 

I am beginning to think there is a curse on the franchise that refuses to let the team see the value in competent OL play. I hope Fitterer is the antidote to that.

You have heard why Russell Wilson potentially wants out of Seattle right?  Dude knows exactly how many sacks he's taken and is none too happy about it.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I understand everything about the salary cap and you know that. If it were injury guarantee it would specify it and on what date it took affect. It doesn’t. Which is what makes him hard to trade. 

Well you apparently don't. You are just copying and pasting from Spotrac's website. It's the same info that OTC has. The issue is that the specifics of the language of the structure of the guarantees are rarely disclosed. By all means, you are welcome to try and find that information but unless you plan on calling Teddy's agent and asking him, I doubt you will find a source. 

Do yourself a favor and research the different types of contract guarantees in the NFL. The NFL actually goes into some depth on this on their website. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well you apparently don't. You are just copying and pasting from Spotrac's website. It's the same info that OTC has. The issue is that the specifics of the language of the structure of the guarantees are rarely disclosed. By all means, you are welcome to try and find that information but unless you plan on calling Teddy's agent and asking him, I doubt you will find a source. 

Do yourself a favor and research the different types of contract guarantees in the NFL. The NFL actually goes into some depth on this on their website. 

I know all the guarantees. You’re just making up a hypothetical scenario to make Teddy’s contract easier to swallow. The players that have injury guarantees have them listed as such. Always have. It’s why they wouldn’t let Kalil back on the team after he quit. If he got hurt, another 7M would have been guaranteed. 

You asked for a link. Now the exact contract terms aren’t good enough? Not sure what you need for proof. If it isn’t guaranteed, why would you have to send a pick to another team to take him? As you said you would. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

We all know why Matt Kalil came here, it was a heavy lobbing job by Ryan at it's core.  A popular captain and fixture on the team who was able to persuade Jerry.  If Ryan wasn't here, I'm not sure Matt would have been here either.

Cleaned it up a bit.