• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We may have checked on Wentz

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

We probably did check with them. We probably offered Teddy for Wentz straight up. They hung up

That, or Teddy and a mid to low round pick are genuine possibilities.

I don't know how seriously we might have gone in on this though. That contract is a killer.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They could be trading back, however, with a team that will.

As I've said before, the 49ers are the only team that really makes sense to me.  That's the reason I'm hoping they trade for a QB.  I doubt the Patriots jump up all the way from #15.  Denver seems to be giving Lock another look.  I really can't see anyone else.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

As I've said before, the 49ers are the only team that really makes sense to me.  That's the reason I'm hoping they trade for a QB.  I doubt the Patriots jump up all the way from #15.  Denver seems to be giving Lock another look.  I really can't see anyone else.

I've long thought the 49ers might be a dark horse for Deshaun Watson given that there's a long-standing relationship between Adam Peters and Nick Caserio.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

San Fran (and Indy for that matter) have rosters to win now.  They dont want to wait on a rookie qb to develop.  They are built for now so I think they go the vet route.  I guess in theory the Pats could move up but that is one expensive move to make and I just dont see the pats doing that.

Like I have screamed for a while now, stay at 8 and let the draft come to you.  In the astronomical event that 4 qb's go in the top 7 then the value of #8 skyrockets and trading back would be the move.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've long thought the 49ers might be a dark horse for Deshaun Watson given that there's a long-standing relationship between Adam Peters and Nick Caserio.

That move makes too sense.  He is custom built for that offense.  The question would be what package could they present?  All of 2021, 1rst and 2nd next year? 

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If SF moves on from Jimmy G, I'd bet a lot of money on him ending up back in NE.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That move makes too sense.  He is custom built for that offense.  The question would be what package could they present?  All of 2021, 1rst and 2nd next year? 

Don't know. Might get a discount rate (relatively speaking, probably still a high price though).

Ultimately, I still don't think he gets traded at all.