• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins have received many calls for pick number 3

Zod

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Dude....Haskins had a QBR in that game of 4.1 We were not winning that game with his performance, the terrible special teams play that they had, and Ron Rivera being Ron Rivera. No blatant attempt to tank would change that and it’s pointless to keep complaining about it.

I don't know that we would have lost the game, but you propped up Walker saying he won the only game he played in. I pointed out that wasn't true, and that when he played against a better defense he looked terrible.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that we would have lost the game, but you propped up Walker saying he won the only game he played in. I pointed out that wasn't true, and that when he played against a better defense he looked terrible.

I guess my bigger point was that even with him starting, I don’t see us winning that game based on how horrible the entire Washington football team played that day including 4.1 QBR Haskins 

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I guess my bigger point was that even with him starting, I don’t see us winning that game based on how horrible the entire Washington football team played that day including 4.1 QBR Haskins 

And it's possible we still would have won. But the suggestion that putting Walker in there would have made us more likely to win just doesn't hold up.

He just isn't that good.

If you don't think Lance or Fields is worth the climb, then make a trade for Darnold or Minchew (on a rookie contract) and trade back this year for a first rounder in 2022.  In 2022, if Darnold or Minshew does not work out, trade up for a QB-

Not what we want to hear,  but finding a young qb to develop from another team is just about as risky as taking one from the draft.

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

.  Rhule didn’t give a poo about the draft when he was playing Washington. He job is to get his team prepared to win that game and he did. I’ve never understood all this crying about a win... I don’t see many analysts stating “you know if Carolina just lost that game 4 weeks ago they would have a better draft pick. Such a bad call winning that one...” We won and we were the better team. That’s what should and did happen. Let our staff figure out the draft now since it’s that time of year.

Analysts don’t care about Carolina.  They care about winning teams or the worst team in the league getting the first pick 

the only position that really matters in the draft is QB, if a team doesn’t have one,  and the Panthers don’t    

if you know you have a chance at a top 3, you don’t blow it.  The Jets blew it.  They had Trevor Lawrence.  They don’t anymore.  The Panthers blew it.  Now instead of getting the number 3, they have to mortgage their future to move up .  stupid 

then again, it was the same smart panthers brain trust that brought Teddy here in the first place;  therefore, their judgement is suspect from the beginning 

...and yes, I understand ‘you play to win the game’ however there is more than one game to consider, it’s 10 years of stable QB position for a franchise.

Nonetheless, we can go to bed and sleep at night safe in the knowledge that Rhule cares about our ‘culture’ in one breath and bringing in Haskins in the other  .He would do well to learn this isn’t div 1 anymore 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Analysts don’t care about Carolina.  They care about winning teams or the worst team in the league getting the first pick 

the only position that really matters in the draft is QB, if a team doesn’t have one,  and the Panthers don’t    

if you know you have a chance at a top 3, you don’t blow it.  The Jets blew it.  They had Trevor Lawrence.  They don’t anymore.  The Panthers blew it.  Now instead of getting the number 3, they have to mortgage their future to move up .  stupid 

then again, it was the same smart panthers brain trust that brought Teddy here in the first place;  therefore, their judgement is suspect from the beginning 

...and yes, I understand ‘you play to win the game’ however there is more than one game to consider, it’s 10 years of stable QB position for a franchise.

Nonetheless, we can go to bed and sleep at night safe in the knowledge that Rhule cares about our ‘culture’ in one breath and bringing in Haskins in the other  .He would do well to learn this isn’t div 1 anymore 

Yeah you are right we should have benched every starter and punted the ball to make sure we get Fields or Wilson locked up without having to give up anything. 100% all in on the draft. What a message to send to your young team right. You have been playing well, hung around with GB and KC, but we want to make sure we get this rookie QB from BYU that has already had shoulder surgery, so put your competitive nature aside and if any little fans that are able to go to these games can suck it up and watch this shitty performance to make sure we lose to Haskins...

Once again, Pederson tried this poo with the Eagles and now that team is a mess and he is unemployed.

I'm sure there have been inquiries with the Dolphins about what they would want to move the pick.  I would be surprised if they gave a halfway firm answer to any of them, unless they want a king's ransom.  Given how close they look to being a playoff team, they may not want to move it at all.  Even if they are fine with their QB situation, how often are they going to have a shot at a Sewell, Chase, Smith, Waddle, or pretty much their pick to address their relatively few needs?  Remember, they have it this year thanks to the skillful maneuvering of the Houston Texans.

WR is one of the Dolphins' needs, from what I read.  That actually could work in our favor if we are going after their #3 pick.  There are three potential marque receivers.  The Dolphins probably very much want one of them and don't want to go too far down the board for fear of losing that shot. Again, the Texans don't come along every year offering up what turns out to be a #3 pick.

I said this before, but the Foreskins would have lost to the '76 Tampa Bay Buccaneers that week. They were that terrible, and while most of it was on Haskins, they made a few other boneheaded plays to add to the fun.  We really didn't do much to win that game, but they dug a hole and then could not get out of their own way enough to salvage a win against a team stuck in neutral.  But, while we were in neutral, they were in reverse.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah you are right we should have benched every starter and punted the ball to make sure we get Fields or Wilson locked up without having to give up anything. 100% all in on the draft. What a message to send to your young team right. You have been playing well, hung around with GB and KC, but we want to make sure we get this rookie QB from BYU that has already had shoulder surgery, so put your competitive nature aside and if any little fans that are able to go to these games can suck it up and watch this shitty performance to make sure we lose to Haskins...

Once again, Pederson tried this poo with the Eagles and now that team is a mess and he is unemployed.

There is a difference between throwing the game and giving an opportunity for lesser players to earn a position.  If the starters are 4-10, why would you not play the young guys?  All is not black and white--what the Eagles did-that was losing intentionally.  However, giving Grier a start and letting your rookies play the game is not throwing the game if you game plan to win.  You are likely to lose, but you are not trying to lose.

So you might ask, "Why stack the deck to lose and then try to win?"  Because you have an objective--what if you can win with cheaper players?  How will gaining experience help your team? With nothing to play for, what is wrong with giving Grier a look? Some experience?  Are you telling Grier to lose?  No. If he wins, it could change things.  What was the benefit for winning with a QB you are going to cut? 

I would argue that Rhule's job is not to win meaningless games once the team has been eliminated from the playoffs.  I would argue his job IS to develop players at all times.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If you don't think Lance or Fields is worth the climb, then make a trade for Darnold or Minchew (on a rookie contract) and trade back this year for a first rounder in 2022.  In 2022, if Darnold or Minshew does not work out, trade up for a QB-

Not what we want to hear,  but finding a young qb to develop from another team is just about as risky as taking one from the draft.

I always support the Minshew and trade back idea, but not sure i can get on board with Darnold. Just not sure i can get behind the cost for him on a trial run. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

I always support the Minshew and trade back idea, but not sure i can get on board with Darnold. Just not sure i can get behind the cost for him on a trial run. 

I am uncertain about both, but the only thing that could separate them from Fields or Lance is the unknown--we know how Minshew and Darnold look on bad teams--which is more than we know about Lance or Fields--they have upsides--but Darnold was in perhaps the worst situation a QB could be in--I am not sold on the idea, but if they see something in his skill set that could be salvaged, they need to consider it.  Minshew, on the other hand, reminds me of a potential Jake 2.0.  Def my favorite option.

31 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I like this response.  I get the other side--I really do--but once you are eliminated, I would argue that winning is a mute point.  It means nothing.  Developing youth means something.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I am uncertain about both, but the only thing that could separate them from Fields or Lance is the unknown--we know how Minshew and Darnold look on bad teams--which is more than we know about Lance or Fields--they have upsides--but Darnold was in perhaps the worst situation a QB could be in--I am not sold on the idea, but if they see something in his skill set that could be salvaged, they need to consider it.  Minshew, on the other hand, reminds me of a potential Jake 2.0.  Def my favorite option.

We should be able to land Minshew cheaply if they are willing to trade him. If he works out, Great! If he doesn't, then we go all in next year and having Minshew as a backup is better than the current situation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

There are ways to do things   He would have been within his role to see what he had on his bench to make decisions in the future but you start the game that way.

again, the long view of the franchise is far more important than a meaningless game in a lost season   

• Pie 1