• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

2 hours ago, jtm said:

Also, I’d love to keep Bridgewater in Carolina, but as a back up. He strikes me as the kind of guy that probably realizes his future in the NFL is as a back up. 

IMO, he's the best salvage option if we can't trade for Watson and we can't land a QB in the draft. Unfortunately, other teams probably have that exact same thought which might drive his trade value significantly over what it should be. In that case, Trubisky might be the best bad option. If possible, I'd prefer to give up a mid-round pick for Minshew and his dirt cheap late round rookie contract as opposed to keeping our picks and signing Trubisky to a significantly more expensive deal.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What we did spamming picks on defense last year... we can do that on the OL too. There's also free agency and there will be some surprise cap casualties. I don't expect us to be signing marquee FAs, but you don't have to spend huge money to upgrade from what we currently have.

Wouldn't mind that, and we'd be doing so with a better talent evaluator running the process.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably.

Is it really their fault though?

Heck, Fitterer wasn't even here when we signed him.

Doesn't matter, they are in charge and if they can't right the ship then on to the next. I pay for seats, I'm not waiting for them to figure the NFL out. Fair just isn't part of that equation.

Really it would be Teppers fault but there is one way to clean it up and that's to flush the toilet and see if he has learned anything on the next load. Hire a good GM first and not this mess he looks to have created with keeping Hurney one extra year. Just dumb but here we are.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

It has started for me for sure.

Should have kicked in full force when he kept Ron and Marty in year 1.

Should have ticked you off with the "fix the business side first" crap.

Should have pissed you off when a practice facility in SC was more important than fixing coaching and front office staff.

He bought a loser, and kept losers in charge...when he earns my support, he'll get it.

• Flames 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't say I've turned on him, but I'm still not settled on whether he's a good owner or not.

That judgment depends a lot on whether he stays hands off like he said he would.

Doesn't have my respect or support until I see some good decisions coming out of there on a consistent basis.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Should have pissed you off when a practice facility in SC was more important than fixing coaching and front office staff.

He bought a loser, and kept losers in charge...when he earns my support, he'll get it.

Those are all fair criticisms.

My thing is that since he did finally fire Marty, he deferred to Matt Rhule on what kind of GM to hire and he's promised to let Fitterer and Rhule run the show, I have some hope that things will get better.

That said, it hasn't escaped notice that he was previously preaching patience and he's not necessarily looking all that patient right now, so... 😕

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I see Tepper as hurdle #1. If my fears of Fritters comes true, it's going to be loud and ugly real fast. In on every deal is something an idiot says.

Edited by Waldo

10 hours ago, Fox007 said:

An actual anagram for Teddy Bridgewater is: Warty Bedded Tiger
Imagine that poo for a second

Then like:
Ratty Big Rewedded
War Bettered Giddy
Watery Debt Ridged

Tart Bridged Weedy
Dater Derby Widget (lol)

Eerie!!  That settles it.  Teddy Bridgewater it is.