• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte real estate market

Ja  Rhule

On 5/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, thefuzz said:

Hahahaha, not until you sign on the line that is dotted...LOL.

It's going to change in the 3rd Q if I had to guess...like I said, maybe pricing doesn't fall, but the selling will slow down.

All true. Today I’m sure we would get 100k over Zillow based on how other homes have sold. But we never treated this as an investment. We will likely never move.

45 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Offers seem to be slowing but the ones that come in are still super competitive (well over list). Good agents will soon catch on that their buyers are only competing with 3 or 4 other buyers instead of 20 or more this time last year. 

If the agent is good, they know what's going on already.  Most aren't though...the good one's make most of the money though.

27 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

All true. Today I’m sure we would get 100k over Zillow based on how other homes have sold. But we never treated this as an investment. We will likely never move.

Yea, this home is my Alamo.  I don't plan to live here forever, but I'll likely never sell it.

I plan to build at some point...I'll be the GC, not today though.

Posted (edited)

This is Denver and not Charlotte but...

House in the neighborhood with the same floor plan and a slightly bigger yard hit the market 3 weeks ago for 230K over what we paid.  Closed at 140k over list in 10 days.

That's getting in the range of 2x for us.

We gotta get out of this house.  Not doing so at this point is financially irresponsible.

Edited by Inimicus

14 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

House in the neighborhood with the same floor plan and a slightly bigger yard hit the market 3 weeks ago for 230K over what we paid.  Closed at 140k over list in 10 days.

We gotta get out of this house.  Not doing so at this point is financially irresponsible.

We own a house down in the Springs. Our home is in roughly the same position. A house on our street with a lesser floor plan and less upgrades just closed at 600k after being on the market for 550k for two days. That is also in the range of almost 2x what we paid as well. We are currently weighing the options of selling versus continuing to hold it as a rental property until we retire from the Air Force. 

4 minutes ago, d-dave said:

It's getting nuts.  We are getting calls from opendoor and other investors offering us double what we paid for our house...Sheesh.

If you're getting those offers you'll sell for 15-20% more then what they say is a great offer. If you're in the Charlotte area and you're considering taking an open door offer please talk to me first lol

52 minutes ago, toldozer said:

If you're getting those offers you'll sell for 15-20% more then what they say is a great offer. If you're in the Charlotte area and you're considering taking an open door offer please talk to me first lol

Oh no, we have no intention of selling.  We know we could get more on the market,  it's just nuts how the prices are sky rocketing. 

8 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Hell, I left Colorado almost two years ago because it was already to the point that staying felt financially irresponsible and it's way more expensive now than it was even then.

19 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Careful.

Totally depends on what your interest rate is, and how long into the mortgage you are.

Also, where are you going to go.  If you can live out in the country, great, but most don't want to.

If I sold right now, I'd buy a ton of acreage and build my home, and subdivide and build about 10 more units to pay for itself.

On 5/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, Grace Haley said:

Any commercial real estate available? I am going to move to North Carolina and want to open my little store 

While searching for the place for my future bakery, I also found online service that allows to register LLC online  https://bestllcservices.co/start-an-llc-in-north-carolina/I think it is great option for those who don't like burocracy and wasting time on that.