Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Yahoo Sports: Texans don't want Teddy Bridgewater, complicating any potential Deshaun Watson trade


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

We know the Patriots are looking for a QB, and a minor rumor they may be interested in Teddy. 

We know the Patriots have interest in Jimmy G.

Rumor is the 49ers called about Teddy. Maybe they view him as a system fit without the injuries of Jimmy G.

Looking at the round Robin here, could we see a 3-team deal with Teddy to the 49ers, Jimmy G to the Patriots, pick/player from Patriots to Carolina?  Maybe the 49ers think they can get Teddy for a 5th, then trade Jimmy to Patriots for a 3rd?  The Patriots wanted Teddy last offseason, maybe he is their backup plan to Jimmy G?  

Just so many unknowns at this point, but I can say that this offseason has provided more talking points than normal. Thats made it more fun, because I hate dead periods of football talk.

I could see the Patriots making a minor trade for Bridgewater. I could see them making a bigger trade for Garoppolo.

Seeing them do both is kinda hard to imagine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could see the Patriots making a minor trade for Bridgewater. I could see them making a bigger trade for Garoppolo.

Seeing them do both is kinda hard to imagine.

Both? Where does that come from? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, unicar15 said:

How do you know they see him as a downgrade in their system? Even so...he’s an identical cap hit to JG this year and there is an out in 2022. It’s basically letting them wipe the slate clean after 2021 instead of paying JG thru 2022. If they want a 3rd round pick to make it feel even and it gets us DW then throw it in...who cares. 

I assume because they are not idiots. I am no fan of Garoppolo but he is very clearly a better QB than Teddy has been at any point of his NFL career.

They can basically jettison Jimmy now if they simply want to shed his contract. The amount of dead money is miniscule even if they cut him prior to June 1st.

We had a system that favored a QB like Teddy and it didn't produce TD's. That was largely Teddy's fault. So why take a step backwards if you are the 49ers?

Listen, I hope they think like you and for some insane reason believe he is an upgrade. That would be fantastic for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I assume because they are not idiots. I am no fan of Garoppolo but he is very clearly a better QB than Teddy has been at any point of his NFL career.

They can basically jettison Jimmy now if they simply want to shed his contract. The amount of dead money is miniscule even if they cut him prior to June 1st.

We had a system that favored a QB like Teddy and it didn't produce TD's. That was largely Teddy's fault. So why take a step backwards if you are the 49ers?

Listen, I hope they think like you and for some insane reason believe he is an upgrade. That would be fantastic for us.

Someone else made the point that Adam Peters would probably have some insight into Bridgewater after his interview with us.

It's hard to picture them seeing him as a starter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Someone else made the point that Adam Peters would probably have some insight into Bridgewater after his interview with us.

It's hard to picture them seeing him as a starter.

Yeah, I get that there are some dumb teams in the league(we are for sure in that category) but the 49ers front office has been fairly good in recent years. Hard for me to envision them wanting Teddy as anything other than a "bridge" QB. But that situation doesn't make sense for where they are as a franchise. If anything they should be in a "win now" mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this has been brought up, do you think the reason why it took so many interviews to hire a GM was because they were trying to find a GM to pull of a trade for Watson? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, joemac said:

How is it that every single mock is pegging us to take a QB at 8, but somehow a QB won’t be available for Houston at 8? Doesn’t make any sense.

Texans don't want Jones or Lance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Maybe this has been brought up, do you think the reason why it took so many interviews to hire a GM was because they were trying to find a GM to pull of a trade for Watson? 

That'd be a bad sign, honestly.

But no.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...