• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms “no way the panthers draft Lance at 8”

GoobyPls

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Read this article, it should put a lot of concerns to rest.

Trey Lance Article

Working out at a performance center in Florida, he ran a 4.5 40 and was faster than some WRs, even DBs. His vert would be 2nd all-time if done at the combine.   Y'all want polished, I get it, but I'm saying this dude will ultimately be the second, if not THE best NFL QB in this class by the second contract.

You want to believe a QB of his size can run a 4.5 40 and he is choosing NOT to run at his pro day? That doesn’t put concerns to rest. And that’s just the headline. 

21 hours ago, Varking said:

If I’m evaluating a QB I prefer to watch them throw. Run run run pass run pass run run pass isn’t pro style. 

You still didnt answer the question. Theres plenty of throws(without INTs I add) form Lance to watch and ND is a pro system. They averaged nearly 6 yards a run, why stop getting 6 yards in a less risk matter?  Plus would you have passed on Calvin Johnson cause he didnt run many routes or catch many balls? 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You still didnt answer the question. Theres plenty of throws(without INTs I add) form Lance to watch and ND is a pro system. They averaged nearly 6 yards a run, why stop getting 6 yards in a less risk matter?  Plus would you have passed on Calvin Johnson cause he didnt run many routes or catch many balls? 

Lots of colleges average close to 6 a run and still sling the ball. There’s a lot of poor throws to evaluate Lance on on his tape. There’s a reason they ran a ton with him. 

Calvin Johnson had almost 200 catches and 3k yards in three years. Lance played one season of football in 3 collegiate years. And he didn’t throw regularly in high school for four years. That’s why he wasn’t recruited heavily. So in the past 7 years he’s played one year of football on tape for us. 

He has a lot of poorly placed easy throws as well. If you miss on a Calvin Johnson it sets you back just a little. You miss on a first round QB and it sets you back years. But yeah… Calvin played plenty for three seasons. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

Lots of colleges average close to 6 a run and still sling the ball. There’s a lot of poor throws to evaluate Lance on on his tape. There’s a reason they ran a ton with him. 

Calvin Johnson had almost 200 catches and 3k yards in three years. Lance played one season of football in 3 collegiate years. And he didn’t throw regularly in high school for four years. That’s why he wasn’t recruited heavily. So in the past 7 years he’s played one year of football on tape for us. 

He has a lot of poorly placed easy throws as well. If you miss on a Calvin Johnson it sets you back just a little. You miss on a first round QB and it sets you back years. But yeah… Calvin played plenty for three seasons. 

He does have poor throws, but raaaarely has INTs/TOs!! Nearly all coaches will run with 6 yards a clip, especially in a cold weather league. The one year of real tape does make drafting QB a higher risk and other recent one year wonders have not help either. He is not ready for week 1, but has makeup and skills to be a great NFL QB. I even say this, depending on the NFL rules for the coming year. It would make it super hard for ALL rookie QBs(especially Lance) to develop.

Just now, Basbear said:

He does have poor throws, but raaaarely has INTs/TOs!! Nearly all coaches will run with 6 yards a clip, especially in a cold weather league. The one year of real tape does make drafting QB a higher risk and other recent one year wonders have not help either. He is not ready for week 1, but has makeup and skills to be a great NFL QB. I even say this, depending on the NFL rules for the coming year. It would make it super hard for ALL rookie QBs(especially Lance) to develop.

I see him as a kid that needs to sit completely one year, play sparingly a second year and maybe then during year three he’d be ready to go. I view Lawrence, Fields and Wilson as guys that will be ready to play this year possibly, or at worst year 2. 

I would take Lance as a day 1 starter over Teddy. We aren't competing for jack this year anyways, I would be happy to train a QB like Lance.

The sitting a rookie only makes sense if you have someone else already to start and are already competing at playoff level. That is not us. Fix the Oline and coach up Lance would be a huge win for me. 

Just now, Waldo said:

I would take Lance as a day 1 starter over Teddy. We aren't competing for jack this year anyways, I would be happy to train a QB like Lance.

The sitting a rookie only makes sense if you have someone else already to start and are already competing at playoff level. That is not us. Fix the Oline and coach up Lance would be a huge win for me. 

No offense, but thats insanity on so many different levels.

Just now, Waldo said:

For a kid who is going to need at least a year to adjust to the speed of the NFL it’s probably not a great idea to run him out there day 1 with our offensive line. 

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

I see him as a kid that needs to sit completely one year, play sparingly a second year and maybe then during year three he’d be ready to go. I view Lawrence, Fields and Wilson as guys that will be ready to play this year possibly, or at worst year 2. 

Honestly like I said it depends on what the NFL is going with training camp, rookie camp, OTAs, all off season stuff. The rumors are to get rid of all/most of it and that would ruin many rookies chances especially QB rookies. Rookies like Lance would be hurt the most. I thought Herbert would need some time and maybe the whole year, but every QB is different. Even the worlds best player needed one year of development, that can be a reason for Mahomes greatness as well. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No offense, but thats insanity on so many different levels.

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

For a kid who is going to need at least a year to adjust to the speed of the NFL it’s probably not a great idea to run him out there day 1 with our offensive line. 

Waldo just doesnt want to watch Teddy take another panther snap, plenty share that take. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Megatron’s last season he put up 1200+ yards and 15 TDs.  In a power 5 conference.   He wasn’t some gamble. 

and Clemson averaged 6+ yards a carry on the ground in 2 of Trevor’s 3 seasons.   They didn’t run it all game because they had Trevor.  

• Beer 1