• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance - best QB of this draft not named Lawrence

NAS

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Forget the odds- Who are you taking if Chase, Fields, and Sewell are at 8. Cannt trade back either, must make a choice.

Choose wisely..

Sewell because there is no point in having an elite QB and defense if the O-line can't protect the QB long enough to make a pass.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one has a crystal ball. Sure, one of those guys could develop injury problems like Garappolo. Goff was always physically limited. It was baffling that he was a #1 overall pick. His arm is average at absolute best. Same with Foles. He has a good arm, but concrete boots for feet. All three of the draft prospects we're talking about as well as Watson have a lot better physical tools than Goff and Foles.

Watson has had 2 ACL tears, one for each leg. Wilson has had known elbow and shoulder injuries. Im legit scared about trading 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 4th, 5th, and good young defenders for either... I dont even want to trade that for lance and I drive the lanceusexual spaceship.. 

Edited by Basbear

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Watson has had 2 ACL tears, one for each leg. Wilson has had known elbow and shoulder injuries. Im legit scared about trading 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 4th, 5th, and good young defenders for either... I dont even want to trade that for lance and I drive the lanceusexual spaceship.. 

it’s just a ton to give up for any single player. He’s a known elite player which is usually better than rookie unknowns but it’s A TON of compensation to give up. We might be better off just drafting a QB with our first and second round picks for the next three years and keep our young defenders. 

• Flames 1

52 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Forget the odds- Who are you taking if Chase, Fields, and Sewell are at 8. Cannt trade back either, must make a choice.

Choose wisely..

Sewell is my top player of those left. If it were Fields vs Chase or Pitts I’d likely go Fields. Pitts or Chase would be a tough decision. It’s been so long since we’ve have great LT play it’s hard to pass up. The only player in this class id 100% draft over Sewell is Lawrence. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

it’s just a ton to give up for any single player. He’s a known elite player which is usually better than rookie unknowns but it’s A TON of compensation to give up. We might be better off just drafting a QB with our first and second round picks for the next three years and keep our young defenders. 

We agree on this for sure, plus given QB contracts are 45+ million now........those rookie deals look even juicer now. Plus you can tag 3 years after a 5th year option.....thats still chicken feed compared to what would be 50 million per at that point. Seems no other QB besides Brady is willing to less, dont blame them one bit tho..

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Sewell is my top player of those left. If it were Fields vs Chase or Pitts I’d likely go Fields. Pitts or Chase would be a tough decision. It’s been so long since we’ve have great LT play it’s hard to pass up. The only player in this class id 100% draft over Sewell is Lawrence. 

Choose GIF

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For everyone begging for Sewell while talking about the risks of the QB prospects, feel free to take a look at the loooooong list of 1st round OT busts in the last 15 years or so.

There's a chance he could bust...like anyone else. But from everything I've read, he's as solid a LT prospect as Lawrence is a QB prospect. In short, nobody really believes either of them will be busts. They may not live up to expectations, but nobody thinks they won't be solid starters at minimum. 

6 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

There's a chance he could bust...like anyone else. But from everything I've read, he's as solid a LT prospect as Lawrence is a QB prospect. In short, nobody really believes either of them will be busts. They may not live up to expectations, but nobody thinks they won't be solid starters at minimum. 

Nobody thought all those other highly drafted OTs were gonna bust either. Remember Robert Gallery? He was supposed to be the best OT prospect in a looking time. Some don't even think Sewell is the best in this class. Yeah, Sewell is a very good prospect but better have busted.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For everyone begging for Sewell while talking about the risks of the QB prospects, feel free to take a look at the loooooong list of 1st round OT busts in the last 15 years or so.

Why?!?!? I going to ignore everything that goes against my beliefs!!1!!11

Also if you look at the league and current history, its easier to find a top tier QB than top tier LT. I want to see Sewells pro day, but right now hes still solid #3 overall.