• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance - best QB of this draft not named Lawrence

NAS

Forget about college stats, he can make all the throws and just let Rhule coach him up. That flick of the wrist deep ball is Mahomes -esque.  I just hope he is there at 8.  To be safe, I would trade up to 5 and hope Falcons didn’t fall in love with him too.

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

No one is going to dispute the guy has incredible physical tools. The key questions are: can he develop into a consistent thrower? Can he read complex NFL defenses and process options? He's never had to do either, but he'll have to do both if he's to be successful in the NFL.

That’s where attitude and work ethic comes into play. I believe that physical tools are God given and everything else can be learned with good coaching, hard work and determination 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Just now, NAS said:

That’s where attitude and work ethic comes into play. I believe that physical tools are God given and everything else can be learned with good coaching, hard work and determination 

Attitude and work ethic are absolutely crucial, but some people don't have the aptitude to read NFL defenses and all the work in the world won't help. I don't know if that's the case for Lance because I've never interviewed him or know anything about his mental faculties. Thus, it remains a question. If Rhule & Co. think he can do it, I'm all on board. To be sure, his physical tools are ridiculously impressive. 

• Pie 2

“But when you talk to the folks at North Dakota State, this kid is incredibly intelligent. He can direct fronts, he can do all the stuff at the line of scrimmage you need to do. He's a fantastic athlete and runner [and] he’s got a power arm.” 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-draft-trey-lance-ready-compete-starting-role-rookie

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

37 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

No one is going to dispute the guy has incredible physical tools. The key questions are: can he develop into a consistent thrower? Can he read complex NFL defenses and process options? He's never had to do either, but he'll have to do both if he's to be successful in the NFL.

...and it's easy to make those throws with no defense in your face while wearing shorts.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

They did mention that pre snap protection reads were his responsibility and that’s uncommon in college. That was a large part of what improved my opinion of him yesterday. That and watching the passes leap off his fingertips almost as well as Cam

I’ve been telling y’all all year that he ran a pro style offense in every way in school. He’s going to be special. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep, I suspect the next qb pro day will have the same volume of threads starting about said player.  I just hope our staff really digs in and does their due diligence. 

I never put any stock in underwear olympics.  Game tape is the only thing you can truly measure and that can be misleading also.  It takes more than physical ability to be successful in the NFL.  It's what's between the ears and in their heart that gives them a fighting chance.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I never put any stock in underwear olympics.  Game tape is the only thing you can truly measure and that can be misleading also.  It takes more than physical ability to be successful in the NFL.  It's what's between the ears and in their heart that gives them a fighting chance.

Well his tape ain’t bad either

• Pie 1