• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

WTFs released 5 players, one of them is TE Thad Moss played for Brady at LSU. He was at the top of my UDFA 2020 list, still need TEs.

I think panthers already have 72 players signed, if you add 7 rookies that only leaves 11 open spots. Past time, need to start getting picking...

That's roughly the number of undrafted guys we sign every year after the draft.  I doubt we add many more FAs, 1 or 2 max, if any at all.

19 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I am guessing a 3TECH since all we have are NTs

Remember, they wanted KK to return on a cheap deal

18 hours ago, 45catfan said:

That's roughly the number of undrafted guys we sign every year after the draft.  I doubt we add many more FAs, 1 or 2 max, if any at all.

13 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Jurrell Casey on the cheap also wouldn’t be bad 

Some solid 3-techs with a 3rd round grade.

I got no clue about what type of front Snow wants. My guess is they dont either. About using Brown, Id much prefer its NOT NT role. No idea about KK, it may have been lip service about him coming back. Form looking at the current DT free agents, it does have some names. 

45 got MUCH higher grades on DTs than I do. IMO maybe 3-4 worthily of 1-3 round selections. For me starting early 5th/late 4th it picks up fast to where the value is worth it. Fox should have a big role for the DL too. My guess is Phil wants to both 3-4 and 4-3 looks with the same group. 

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

I got no clue about what type of front Snow wants. My guess is they dont either. About using Brown, Id much prefer its NOT NT role. No idea about KK, it may have been lip service about him coming back. Form looking at the current DT free agents, it does have some names. 

45 got MUCH higher grades on DTs than I do. IMO maybe 3-4 worthily of 1-3 round selections. For me starting early 5th/late 4th it picks up fast to where the value is worth it. Fox should have a big role for the DL too. My guess is Phil wants to both 3-4 and 4-3 looks with the same group. 

Player grades versus drafting trends often don't match up especially the deeper in the draft you get.  While you may be a stickler on your grades, all you have to do is go to history to figure out roughly the same amount of players at each position are drafted every year.  Even if you consider this a weak DT class, I can promise you more than 4 DTs will be selected by the end of day two.  Nearly two dozen DTs get drafted each year, so I can't see roughly 20 of those coming just on day 3.

Player grades versus drafting trends often don't match up especially the deeper in the draft you get.  While you may be a stickler on your grades, all you have to do is go to history to figure out roughly the same amount of players at each position are drafted every year.  Even if you consider this a weak DT class, I can promise you more than 4 DTs will be selected by the end of day two.  Nearly two dozen DTs get drafted each year, so I can't see roughly 20 of those coming just on day 3.

I dont place Kwity Paye as a DT. Also say the DT has to be above 300 LBs, too many combo/tweaners DE/DTs types. 

How many true DTs do you have going before pick 100?

49 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I dont place Kwity Paye as a DT. Also say the DT has to be above 300 LBs, too many combo/tweaners DE/DTs types. 

How many true DTs do you have going before pick 100?

Ah, now I see why you have so few DTs.  I still see 6-7 going before the end of round 3.  I don't put such limiting parameters on them.  I mean several guys are in the 290's.  I don't think 10 pounds is going to limit their success in the League.

Barmore, Onwuzurike (290), Nixon, McNeill, Wilson, Togiai and possbilby Tufele.  There will be a run in rounds 4-to-5, that's where the value is this year.  I agree this is not a top heavy DT class, but that's not to say there's still not some quality to be had in the meat of the draft.  It would suck to be stuck in last year's boat looking for a 1st round DT because Barmore is the only one this year and he's bottom of the round.  As much as people complained about taking Derrick Brown last year (saying too high for a DT), in hind sight it was the right move.  FYI, I wanted Brown anyway. 

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

23 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Ah, now I see why you have so few DTs.  I still see 6-7 going before the end of round 3.  I don't put such limiting parameters on them.  I mean several guys are in the 290's.  I don't think 10 pounds is going to limit their success in the League.

Barmore, Onwuzurike (290), Nixon, McNeill, Wilson, Togiai and possbilby Tufele.  There will be a run in rounds 4-to-5, that's where the value is this year.  I agree this is not a top heavy DT class, but that's not to say there's still not some quality to be had in the meat of the draft.  It would suck to be stuck in last year's boat looking for a 1st round DT because Barmore is the only one this year and he's bottom of the round.  As much as people complained about taking Derrick Brown last year (saying too high for a DT), in hind sight it was the right move.  FYI, I wanted Brown anyway. 

How about this for S&S forum bet.

I'll give you 290 LBs DT if they are labeled as such when drafted.

Give me 5 and under, Im right.

6 is a push

7 and higher you are right.

I feel the end of the 3rd round or 100th pick(comp suck for this) is still a issue, but willing to go for whatever you think is fair.

Winner gets the loser to repeat whatever statement/words/etc, * somewhat clean, no I'm a super saint fan etc...

Deal ?

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

How about this for S&S forum bet.

I'll give you 290 LBs DT if they are labeled as such when drafted.

Give me 5 and under, Im right.

6 is a push

7 and higher you are right.

I feel the end of the 3rd round or 100th pick(comp suck for this) is still a issue, but willing to go for whatever you think is fair.

Winner gets the loser to repeat whatever statement/words/etc, * somewhat clean, no I'm a super saint fan etc...

Deal ?

That's a odd bet.  How about an avatar bet?  Yes, I'm game for a bet, just not real sure about what you are talking about in a 'repeat my statement' bet.  To the end of round 3 (including comp picks) and have to be drafted as DTs. 

Agreed: 5 or less you win, 6 push, over 6 I win.

Edited by 45catfan

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's a odd bet.  How about an avatar bet?  Yes, I'm game for a bet, just not real sure about what you are talking about in a 'repeat my statement' bet.  To the end of round 3 (including comp picks) and have to be drafted as DTs. 

Agreed: 5 or less you win, 6 push, over 6 I win.

Avatar bet is fine, statement was just like you typing this- "Basbear DTs knowledge is great than mine, Im not worthily " 

I guess I agree to the end of the 3rd round, what 9 dang comp picks sheesh.....(plus some of those teams need DTs..)

Just reminder the picks have to listed as DT. Plus Avatar rights last til the first pre-season game.(nothing that can gets you banned)

Deal.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Avatar bet is fine, statement was just like you typing this- "Basbear DTs knowledge is great than mine, Im not worthily " 

I guess I agree to the end of the 3rd round, what 9 dang comp picks sheesh.....(plus some of those teams need DTs..)

Just reminder the picks have to listed as DT. Plus Avatar rights last til the first pre-season game.(nothing that can gets you banned)

Deal.

Deal.