• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign OT Cam Erving - 2 years, 10 million, 8 fully guaranteed

Varking

Fit and Rhule likely see otherwise so all you can do is trust their judgement at this point..or be reactive and complain.  I much prefer the former.  They seemed to have explicitly targeted these two for a reason.  I think it's clear because they're swing lineman and it opens it up to draft wherever on the line BPA in the draft.

28 minutes ago, davos said:

Fit and Rhule likely see otherwise so all you can do is trust their judgement at this point..or be reactive and complain.  I much prefer the former.  They seemed to have explicitly targeted these two for a reason.  I think it's clear because they're swing lineman and it opens it up to draft wherever on the line BPA in the draft.

Or be proactive and complain 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Figured it would be competition, but not handed the starters job...maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, maybe...just maybe, we are starting to value the O Line.

5 hours ago, KSpan said:

I'm not enthusiastic about the line signings but cutting Kerr is really the puzzling one for me. Maybe something becomes clear in the coming days but that just makes little sense at this point in time.

I like we are signing OL, just dont like the history of tape both put out along with having injuries issues too. I get it, nearly all teams are looking for OL help. With being a draft nut AND wanting OL help form 2015-current, I liked both in the draft. That was a long time ago, they havnt been rookies with potential in years. This honestly feels like the same moves a former GM would have done. Wonder if that would change some of reactions some. 

• Beer 1

Player Option

Club Option
PLAYER (5 OF 5)
POS.
TO
YRS
DOLLARS
AAV
TOTAL GTD
GTD AT SIGN
2021 CAP
POTENTIAL OUT
Matt Feiler RT 29 PIT LAC 3 $21,000,000 $7,000,000 - - -  
Cameron Erving T 29 DAL CAR 2 $10,000,000 $5,000,000 $8,000,000 $8,000,000 $2,240,000  
James Hurst RT 30 NO NO 3 $9,000,000 $3,000,000 $5,000,000 $4,575,000 $2,075,000 2 yr / $6,500,000
Kendall Lamm RT 29 CLE TEN 2 $6,800,000 $3,400,000 $3,000,000 $2,618,750 $2,618,750 1 yr / $3,468,750
Ty Nsekhe RT 36 BUF DAL 1 - $0 - - -  

This helps with some of the sting, going rate for no-named OT/LT is around 2 yr 8 million. It doesnt look as bad 24 hours later. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:
Player Option

Club Option
PLAYER (5 OF 5)
POS.
TO
YRS
DOLLARS
AAV
TOTAL GTD
GTD AT SIGN
2021 CAP
POTENTIAL OUT
Cameron Erving T 29 DAL CAR 2 $10,000,000 $5,000,000 $8,000,000 $8,000,000 $2,240,000  
James Hurst RT 30 NO NO 3 $9,000,000 $3,000,000 $5,000,000 $4,575,000 $2,075,000 2 yr / $6,500,000
Kendall Lamm RT 29 CLE TEN 2 $6,800,000 $3,400,000 $3,000,000 $2,618,750 $2,618,750 1 yr / $3,468,750

This helps with some of the sting, going rate for no-named OT/LT is around 2 yr 8 million. It doesnt look as bad 24 hours later. 

No one we signed should be a LT in an situation. Backup OGs at best. Turdving makes Scott look like a starter and we all know that isn't true.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

No one we signed should be a LT in an situation. Backup OGs at best. Turdving makes Scott look like a starter and we all know that isn't true.

I wish we had that luxury for LT. Draft is still in play, but it seems the plan for LT is thunderdome Daley, Little, Erving, Scott. Versatility is a strength for both signed OLmen, but as I stated before is it still a strength if you suck at each positions?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I wish we had that luxury for LT. Draft is still in play, but it seems the plan for LT is thunderdome Daley, Little, Erving, Scott. Versatility is a strength for both signed OLmen, but as I stated before is it still a strength if you suck at each positions?

Versatility means nothing if they aren't good at anything, so no. We have 1 viable LT who is a known backup. They can keep regurgitating that BS, it just makes them look dumb. As far as Little, he shouldn't make the final roster cuts period.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Versatility means nothing if they aren't good at anything, so no. We have 1 viable LT who is a known backup. They can keep regurgitating that BS, it just makes them look dumb. As far as Little, he shouldn't make the final roster cuts period.

I agree. I mean beating out Little means little. Same for whoever wins the thunder-dome. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Basbear said:
Player Option

Club Option
PLAYER (5 OF 5)
POS.
TO
YRS
DOLLARS
AAV
TOTAL GTD
GTD AT SIGN
2021 CAP
POTENTIAL OUT

I suppose but we still overpaid for him the good news is that he's only a $2.2 million cap hit this year

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

I suppose but we still overpaid for him the good news is that he's only a $2.2 million cap hit this year

I mean a few 100k. The other two are un-knows just seems to be the current rate for LT/???. That rate could change in the next few weeks. Im no fan of Erv, but he could have easily had other teams wanting him like Pat(shocking). Got to coach these handed pick player UP. I dont want to hear about injuries either- scouts, GM, coaches wanted them. 

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agree. I mean beating out Little means little. Same for whoever wins the thunder-dome. 

We will draft one or eat poo and get booed. We could have gotten one last year but we went DT...Brown is good but not close to that good. New GM same crappy direction, down. 

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We will draft one or eat poo and get booed. We could have gotten one last year but we went DT...Brown is good but not close to that good. New GM same crappy direction, down. 

I thought about that too much and was going to make a thread about what you just said. I wasnt big on Brown, but he played well for a rookie. Still 20/20 if given the chance to go back and pick one of the LTs, I believe thats the smart move. All three that went after Brown played great, honestly I had Wrifs as my #1 OT and hated he fell to the bucs(they traded up). I think Wrifs only allowed one sack for the whole season.... Becton looks like a future 1st team all-pro, so long injuries dont ruin him. Browns fans did nothing but brag on Wills. funny tho about Dave Gettleman had the pick of the litter and got what currently looks like the worst one out of the 4 studs. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I thought about that too much and was going to make a thread about what you just said. I wasnt big on Brown, but he played well for a rookie. Still 20/20 if given the chance to go back and pick one of the LTs, I believe thats the smart move. All three that went after Brown played great, honestly I had Wrifs as my #1 OT and hated he fell to the bucs(they traded up). I think Wrifs only allowed one sack for the whole season.... Becton looks like a future 1st team all-pro, so long injuries dont ruin him. Browns fans did nothing but brag on Wills. funny tho about Dave Gettleman had the pick of the litter and got what currently looks like the worst one out of the 4 studs. 

I like Brown but a LT comes first and DTs are not hard to find. That's on Tepper for keeping Hurney who still thought Little was more than a flushable turd. It's not worth a thread yet but if we miss out on this years LTs and play this lot of garbage then it's riot time. I'm not at all impressed with our new GM but it's still early. Hopefully they can do better than the fail they dropped yesterday. 

• Beer 1