• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Khyber53

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I really liked the final episode.  Sure, it's going to be quite polarizing, but Sam said what needed to be said.  Was it pandering?  Absolutely!  But it was necessary in the world we live in.  The truth of the matter is that his point about the hate was 100% true and accurate.  It's a point that needs to be made, that needs to be heard.

Of course, the culture warriors will rack this up to "ruining" their super heroes with politics or over stepping.  I guess that's more of a discussion for the TB.

This does set up a cool dynamic for Captain America 4 with Sam as the cap.  I love that he took the title instead of waiting for someone else to give it to him.  

Functionally, the episode was a poo show of random stuff that was pulled together by Anthony Mack in the last 15 minutes.  Poor direction.  Lots of missed opportunities in the script.

But for me, Sam in the suit did it for me.  I can forgive a lot of garbage if I like certain parts enough.  That's kind of been the way the show has run.  Some of the low points drove me nuts, but the highs were great for me.

Dunno, I think the whole show was kind of disappointing.  The plot was meh.  Lots of politics and geared more for adults than kids.

4 hours ago, d-dave said:

I really liked the final episode.  Sure, it's going to be quite polarizing, but Sam said what needed to be said.  Was it pandering?  Absolutely!  But it was necessary in the world we live in.  The truth of the matter is that his point about the hate was 100% true and accurate.  It's a point that needs to be made, that needs to be heard.

Of course, the culture warriors will rack this up to "ruining" their super heroes with politics or over stepping.  I guess that's more of a discussion for the TB.

This does set up a cool dynamic for Captain America 4 with Sam as the cap.  I love that he took the title instead of waiting for someone else to give it to him.  

Functionally, the episode was a poo show of random stuff that was pulled together by Anthony Mack in the last 15 minutes.  Poor direction.  Lots of missed opportunities in the script.

But for me, Sam in the suit did it for me.  I can forgive a lot of garbage if I like certain parts enough.  That's kind of been the way the show has run.  Some of the low points drove me nuts, but the highs were great for me.

I get that it was easier to "make a point" since Mackie is black. But it doesn't need to be made in EVERY damn show these days. It can be made in one amazing movie that lasts generations, TV shows from different genres, heck ... actual REAL live movements. But when Disney, Marvel, Apple, etc. almost seemingly need/require it in shows because it's topical ... well not only does it lose its value but it makes the entire show more about THAT than the story. This was six episodes of Mackie becoming "Black Captain America", not the PB, not the Flagsmashers, not Bucky's redemption, not US Agent. No, this whole thing was done to somehow convince us that Mackie should be Cap. You know all they REALLY needed to ACTUALLY do to do that? Just make him Cap! You don't need evidence, sympathy, etc. Give the man the shield. Done.

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I get that it was easier to "make a point" since Mackie is black. But it doesn't need to be made in EVERY damn show these days. It can be made in one amazing movie that lasts generations, TV shows from different genres, heck ... actual REAL live movements. But when Disney, Marvel, Apple, etc. almost seemingly need/require it in shows because it's topical ... well not only does it lose its value but it makes the entire show more about THAT than the story. This was six episodes of Mackie becoming "Black Captain America", not the PB, not the Flagsmashers, not Bucky's redemption, not US Agent. No, this whole thing was done to somehow convince us that Mackie should be Cap. You know all they REALLY needed to ACTUALLY do to do that? Just make him Cap! You don't need evidence, sympathy, etc. Give the man the shield. Done.

So I guess you didn't like the show much?  LOL.  To each their own 😃  I wish they could have made more room for Bucky because there were some great moments that didn't get the play they deserve.

As far as your issues with race issues being addressed...That's up to the film makers.  Don't like it, don't watch it you know.  Show them with your wallet.

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

So I guess you didn't like the show much?  LOL.  To each their own 😃  I wish they could have made more room for Bucky because there were some great moments that didn't get the play they deserve.

As far as your issues with race issues being addressed...That's up to the film makers.  Don't like it, don't watch it you know.  Show them with your wallet.

It was ok. Needed four more episodes. Good action. Bucky and Bad Cap were great. I like Mackie's flying/fighting style. PB reveal was a letdown. Flagsmashers were pathetic.

I think Loki will be ten times what this show is ... unless they're currently busy CGI-ing over Tom's face so a female can play the role of Loki, lol. 😉

On 4/24/2021 at 11:17 PM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Needed four more episodes

That would have been great!  Giving the show room to breath and explore some of these other issues and characters would have been great.  How cool would it have been to have an extended flashback sequence showing Karli coming back and how hard it was for her and her family?

The worse part about Falcon and the Winter Soldier is how weak the Flagsmashers were, it feels like falcon kicking the little guy thats already been kicked around my the GRC, we dont get to see the GRC radicalizing the Flagsmashers by driving them out of their homes. apparently the pandemic force them to change the story alot reshoot all of the early episodes, I guess that explains why the show is so weird