• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Khyber53

So, it debuted. Any thoughts?

It looks good, very good. On par with WandaVision but in an entirely different manner of storytelling.

And it looks like US Agent will be a big part of this, at least in the beginning.

Cool to see Georges St. Pierre as Batroc the Leaper making another appearance. And what an action sequence that was!

16 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It was ok. Felt like an episode of Agents of Shield. Mackie just doesn't do it for me as an actor. Reminds me too much of Will Smith. It's only six episodes so it's going to be over fast. Looking way more for Loki, whenever that is.

suppose to come out in June.   Think that has potential to be the best of the Disney bunch.   Haven't watched the Faclon/WS one yet. 

• Pie 1

I'm really curious to see how the show evolves.  I was interested after episode 1, but worried.  I love Mackie.  Is Falcon enough to carry the show?  Now that's the much bigger question.  Mackie is a good, charming actor, but Falcon is terribly underdeveloped.  That's on the writers to pick that up.

Bucky on the flip side is way more compelling.  How does he deal with his sins?  I am really looking forward to seeing where that goes.  

I can't wait to see how Sam is able to get the shield and "mantle" back from the new Captain America.  That story and how Fake CA loses it will be cool.  Hopefully the fake CA doesn't take the title after he realizes he's not man enough.

Lots of possibilities.  I can't wait to see how it unravels!

• Beer 1

I was... underwhelmed. The CGI was noticeable and the whole Falcon chase scene made me dizzy from the shaky cam. 

I'm extremely interested in the Bucky storyline of his atonement for his sins. My favorite part of the episode was the therapy session. Those camera angles did an excellent job of making it feel uncomfortable. 

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable heavy handed racial and political overtures that will undoubtedly appear. As long as its not the only defining character arc I'm cool with it just thinks there's so much more potential here. 

Obviously I'm coming back for more on Friday and ill withhold judgement but to me it gave me the exact feeling that The Boys Season 2 and WandaVision and even the Mandalorian did initially. I was just left with a feeling of "Thats it?" 

Man I hate we've moved away from binge watching. An underwhelming or slow burn episode works fine when I can immediately watch the next. Waiting a week is a different story. 

• Pie 1

Like the addition of Battlestar, like the new Cap's arrogance, love Bucky, still meh on Falcon, like the plot ... but a big ol BAH to the Flag Smashers. It's too corny. And ok, they're superhuman, but come on ... a litte ginger British girl (cue TB goons)? Really? That's the leader?

I will be intrigued to see who sent her that text. Hopefully the real leader?

And eye roll on the addition of racism (cue TB goons again) for the second straight episode.

Good episode and this has a whole different tone than WandaVision. I keep saying that, but I think it's important that Marvel's different vehicles get driven in different ways. The light-hearted WandaVision was perfectly punctuated with some serious moments and pulled together into something that went beyond just a fun story and became kinda profound. FAWS is much more serious, but there's still something enjoyable about it, it somehow remains fun. That's not easy, and it is something that DC just cannot get right outside of their CW franchises.

That being said, I'm really kinda tired of the Flagsmashers kind of badguys... it's been done to death. They have the whole Marvel universe of low-to-mid card bad guys to use as a front for the main villain and they basically recreate the rather lousy Retribution job squad from WWE?

Really enjoying the buddy cop feel. Mackie & Stan have great chemistry and banter.

Carl Lumbly gave me chills as Isaiah Bradley. The way he conveyed the trauma that his character endured through facial expressions alone was incredible. I'm wondering if the kid that answered the door was Eli/Patriot. With Wandavision having completed and introducing Wiccan + Wonder Man, that could be a possibility 😮

US Agent already shooting folks lmao. Interested to see how they handle Battlestar and if they'll allow him to shine at all. I know some folks get uncomfortable when it comes to racism, but that's unfortunately the reality of the history/current of America. 

The take on Flag-Smasher being a group caught me off guard, but I'm interested to see Karli's story as opposed to Karl (the original Flag-Smasher). Hopefully it's not just, "WE NEED MORE RESOURCES LIKE THANOS SAID HERP DERP"

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

I was a little meh about this episode.  I hated Sam's disguise, and the fact he left his phone on...rookie move!

Sharon Carter was cool and all, but the episode didn't seem to solve a lot of issues other than killing of the scientist who re-made the super soldier formula.  Though seeing Walker lose his poo with "Do you know who I am?" was pretty awesome for his character set up.  It didn't seem really tied together.  Like instead of written this way, it was edited into this episode.

Personally, I was hoping that we'd see Sam start to assume the mantle of Captain America more and more.  Not much this episode.  Hopefully episode 4 will help things out.

• Pie 1