• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts as a WR/TE Good for Carolina ?

Leotiger

33 minutes ago, Varking said:

That’s one play, brother. And the fact it took you this long to find one tells me you aren’t actually watching the games. 

Yes, because I spent my entire 20+ hours that I wasn't posting on the board looking for one snippet of film.  Good call.

Is he my top choice?  No, but I wouldn't be mad at the pick assuming Fields doesn't fall to us.

My mentality is... QB first unless you don't have a high evaluation of him.  For me this would mean us not taking Lance, but I'll understand if the staff thinks differently (same with Fields, who I do think is worth it in the 1st).

After that, you have OT and DBs.  Sewell and Slater are the top 2 options at OT, obviously.  Surtain would be a good pick too.

Then there is receiver.  I'd be cool with any of the receivers.  I know some think it would be a waste given other needs on the roster, but this receiver class is THAT good to the point where, you know, just getting a HOF-level talent is too much to pass up on.  Chase, Smith, Waddle, and Pitts are big time, freak talents.  I'd probably put Waddle last, and he's still a beast.  

Also I get the concerns about taking a TE in the 1st because I've voiced that here and elsewhere for years, but Pitts ain't like other TEs.  And not in a, oh he's just athletic way (Eric Ebron).  The man is an elite, NBA-level athlete playing a receiver position in the NFL.  He's legit.  And he would literally change the complexion of this offense before our eyes, even with Teddy.  So I don't think you can ever call someone like that a bad pick regardless of perceived "positional value."

So my personal rankings, as of now assuming we stay at #8:

1. Justin Fields / Mac Jones / Trey Lance (Jones and Lance, I'll trust Rhule and Fitterer's evaluation, but Fields is the only guy I would be in full support of us taking)

2. Slater or Sewell

3. Farley or Surtain

4. Pitts, Smith, or Chase 

• Pie 1