• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Pitts as a WR/TE Good for Carolina ?

Leotiger

With Samuels not resigning I think Kyle Pitts has exploded up our draft board ..

I understand Joe Brady’s offense doesn’t respect the TE position like they should ..

But Pitts is more of a WR and I think we need to value him as such ... he is the best pass catcher in this draft regardless of position...

I’m not saying take him at 8 but if we can draft a QB and somehow trade up for him that would be wonderful.. 

Pitts at #8 

Mac Jones/Kyle Trask at #39

for all you Pitt homer fans 

Trade up for Zach Wilson 

and then trade up again for Kyle Pitts 

39F0D3A1-12A8-4E73-82F8-EE2F307C04D4.jpeg

Edited by Leotiger
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Again positional value is something a lot of people fail to understand. Kyle Pitts basically has to be Megatron to make it worth it and if you have the chance at a Pro Bowler at QB he still probably isn't worth it. 

I want both and so does tepper !!! 

13 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

Big fan of Arizona dude.. but he will be picking up Pitts pads and getting him water and stuff ... 

LOL. Pitts is good, and Chinn will have to work to keep him under control when we face his new team. We are picking QB/LT/CB in that order. If we take a TE, it will be in the 6th.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Again positional value is something a lot of people fail to understand. Kyle Pitts basically has to be Megatron to make it worth it and if you have the chance at a Pro Bowler at QB he still probably isn't worth it. 

I love how you bring up positional value, and I whole heartedly agree. I have been adamant on here that you spend first round picks on one of five positions: OT, WR, QB, DE, CB. That's it. That's the list. I don't care about the rest of your roster - you only invest in one of those positions when you're picking first round. Which is why I hated, and still don't like the Derrick Brown pick. Should have taken Wirfs.

Alas, the exception is generational talents at other positions. Quinten Nelson, Luke Kuechly, Aaron Donald, etc. I truly think Pitts is a generational TE prospect, and that's not a label I toss around lightly. He's not solely a TE either, he lined up at WR plenty for the Gators. He's a matchup nightmare for defenses, and truly could be a Gronk/Gates-tier TE. He's worth it if we can't draft one of the four QB's.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I think the argument for Pitts is that you could view and use him effectively like an elite WR and from that standpoint, drafting him in the top 10 isn't unreasonable. My issue with taking him is that we've invested enough in our receiving corps. Between DJ, Anderson, CMC, David Moore, Dan Arnold, we should be ok for the next couple years. You can't really say that confidently for CB, LT and QB, 3 positions of at least equal to higher value than receiver. If you can take a position of need and high value with a player worthy of that spot, you do it. And between Lance, Fields, Sewell, Slater, Farley and Surtain, at least a couple will still be available at 8. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The only time a WR (basically what Pitts is projected to play) in the top 10 is if they have a Julio Jones/Calvin Johnson trajectory. Otherwise you can find those guys in rounds 2-4.

Top 10 picks should be: QB; get to the QB; protect the QB. 

• Pie 1