• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alabama Pro Day Today at 12 pm

BurnNChinn

Just now, WOW!! said:

Accept the fact his deep ball doesn't look that good if the wr doesn't have 3 to 4 steps on a Db..

Not true at all. You clearly don't like him which is fine. Buy let's not assume that everyone agrees with you or that you even know what you are talking about  It doesn't keep you from dominating any Jones thread with negativity or stating you opinion no matter how biased. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

We just watched clips of Teddy throwing deep to DJ. He threw it deep. They were just underthrown. Which is what we just saw from Mac Jones today. 

No they all werent. You see what you want to see. He did a very good job and put himself out there making difficult throws and showed a lot of heart and skill. If we draft him he will be a good one for us. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Not true at all. You clearly don't like him which is fine. Buy let's not assume that everyone agrees with you or that you even know what you are talking about  It doesn't keep you from dominating any Jones thread with negativity or stating you opinion no matter how biased. 

Be mad all you want but alot of ppl saw the same things I saw today... You want to convince ppl his arm strength and athleticism isn't a problem.   When reality is we've seen  alot of QBS with similar stats and ability fail for the same reason over and over again..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

No they all werent. You see what you want to see. He did a very good job and put himself out there making difficult throws and showed a lot of heart and skill. If we draft him he will be a good one for us. 

Do you not notice you're trying to tell ppl what they saw and what our opinion  should be ..

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Be mad all you want but alot of ppl saw the same things I saw today... You want to convince ppl his arm strength and athleticism isn't a problem.   When reality is we've seen  alot of QBS with similar stats and ability fail for the same reason over and over again..

Not a lot. I heard some criticism as expected but overall more folks were impressed versus disappointed. Stats aren't what I look at but rather the qualities that make for a successful QB in the NFL little things like accuracy, good football knowledge, quick decisions, good elusiveness in the pocket, able to make all the throws. Has a good deep ball, etc. Just a couple of things that Jones had in abundance.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Do you not notice you're trying to tell ppl what they saw and what our opinion  should be ..

Itell them what I see and think and then only respond most times to direct posts involving me. I don't try to dominate the conversation and post 50 times saying the same thing as if that might keep us from drafting him.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Not a lot. I heard some criticism as expected but overall more folks were impressed versus disappointed. Stats aren't what I look at but rather the qualities that make for a successful QB in the NFL little things like accuracy, good football knowledge, quick decisions, good elusiveness in the pocket, able to make all the throws. Has a good deep ball, etc. Just a couple of things that Jones had in abundance.

Again this is your opinion and alot of credit giving to stuff you can't measure when the guy had the best weapons on the best team... 

Intangibles... super football knowledge, quick decision maker, great pass anticpater.. All stuff we don't know will translate when not having the better team every time you come on the field...

Your opinion that isn't collaborated or consensus opinion.. Can make all the throws, good deep ball, elusive in the pocket...

And this Accuracy thing has been proven over and over again as a thing you can fix with better offensive scheme and better surrounding talent... So it shouldn't be considered a supreme attribute...

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Itell them what I see and think and then only respond most times to direct posts involving me. I don't try to dominate the conversation and post 50 times saying the same thing as if that might keep us from drafting him.

Yes you do... lol I promise you're In Every Mac Jones thread trying to convince ppl he's the next Tom Brady or Drew Brees..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You’re patting him on the back for “putting himself out there”? And “showing a lot of heart” on a Pro Day? 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

How did he show heart? Hahahaha. Just kind sounds like he makes your jeans tight 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

You’re patting him on the back for “putting himself out there”? And “showing a lot of heart” on a Pro Day? 

And this ^^^..

When you have to give credit for doing what all QBS are expected to do on Pro Days it's a sign of reaching to prove a point you don't really believe in..