• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Jets' 2nd pick is open for business...?

TheCasillas

9 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Justin fields is the guy

He’s always been my guy. Or at least since I watched him on QB1. I have a coworker who is a Jets fan that’s pretty confident he is going to end up their pick. If they take Wilson I see us trading to 3 to get Fields. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

He’s always been my guy. Or at least since I watched him on QB1. I have a coworker who is a Jets fan that’s pretty confident he is going to end up their pick. If they take Wilson I see us trading to 3 to get Fields. 

I feel like Fields and Wilson's floor is at least as good as Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen, but probably better than that. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let's not kid ourselves, their floors are a lot lower than that and I like them both

Baker and Josh both have played pretty poorly then rounded into form and played better, I can see the same type of progression from these two guys. If Wilson goes 2 and plays in the Shanahan system I can see him being better than Baker. If Fields is our guy I can see him playing well in Brady's system. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev

17 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Baker and Josh both have played pretty poorly then rounded into form and played better, I can see the same type of progression from these two guys. If Wilson goes 2 and plays in the Shanahan system I can see him being better than Baker. If Fields is our guy I can see him playing well in Brady's system. 

I can definitely see them both being very good NFL QBs but I've seen enough good prospects bust that I'm never gonna call a prospect's floor that high.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

This is one of the reasons I like Fields so much.  He saw more pressure than anyone and was the most accurate QB in this draft.   He has the best ball placement.        

Yikes. Not a good look for Lance. I'm intrigued by his talent, but I gotta admit that the guy screams bust.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yikes. Not a good look for Lance. I'm intrigued by his talent, but I gotta admit that the guy screams bust.

I think a poor man's Cam is a perfect description.  Great arm.  Spotty accuracy.  Only difference is Cam was the most dominant runner in NFL history and Lance isn't even in the ballpark of that.  

41 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I feel like Fields and Wilson's floor is at least as good as Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen, but probably better than that. 

Their floor is one of the hottest QB commodities in the NFL and a guy that's taken the Browns to their first Playoffs in forever?

I mean, c'mon son. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think a poor man's Cam is a perfect description.  Great arm.  Spotty accuracy.  Only difference is Cam was the most dominant runner in NFL history and Lance isn't even in the ballpark of that.  

Cam was a GREAT deep ball thrower in his prime though. Yeah, he always had a pass or two every game that wildly got away from him, but I think those couple of wild pitches make people overstate his accuracy "issues". When he missed, he MISSED but the overall number of misses gets exaggerated due to the obviousness of the misses IMO.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Their floor is one of the hottest QB commodities in the NFL and a guy that's taken the Browns to their first Playoffs in forever?

I mean, c'mon son. 

Recency bias. Baker looked like a deer in the headlights at the beginning of the season and up til this year Josh Allen was a roller coaster turning the ball over. Football is a team game, remember, and young QBs need time. Yall just like being negative lol

16 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Recency bias. Baker looked like a deer in the headlights at the beginning of the season and up til this year Josh Allen was a roller coaster turning the ball over. Football is a team game, remember, and young QBs need time. Yall just like being negative lol

Reality bias. They were young QBs in the process of developing. They are what they are. And I think you may be misremembering on Baker, the guy practically swept the NFL rookie awards.  But when you toss out a name as a prospect's floor, most people are going to interpret that as the current perception of that player. If Josh Allen is these guys' floor, it's hard to imagine a trade that wouldn't be worth it for us. You're basically saying that legit MVP candidate is their floor and honestly that's absurd.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Reality bias. They were young QBs in the process of developing. They are what they are. And I think you may be misremembering on Baker, the guy practically swept the NFL rookie awards.  But when you toss out a name as a prospect's floor, most people are going to interpret that as the current perception of that player. If Josh Allen is these guys' floor, it's hard to imagine a trade that wouldn't be worth it for us. You're basically saying that legit MVP candidate is their floor and honestly that's absurd.

No, that's just being optimistic and seeing talent. Yall think believing a player is gonna be good is some sort of message board no no and that's boring as hell. No one is winning awards for being low expectations sports fans, it's literally a fun time activity