• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft

CarolinaLivin

Just thought we should have an overall draft thread.

Choose 

1. Trade up in draft for our QB (If Big Fitz and Scatpack Matt is in love with one of the top prospects).

2. We wait at 8 to see if a QB falls to us, and select BPA if we lose out.

3. Take BPA/Trade back and take BPA.

If we don't draft a QB, I don't like us trading for Darnold (Not speaking on Deshaun with the allegations). I would much rather prefer Minshew (a bias opinion honestly) , IF we went that route. But would rather just run it back with Teddy and build a roster. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Read Panthers are a team looking into Minshew, I really don’t see a way we roll with Teddy after all the sh?t we did to get him out of here and find a replacement.

Where’d you read that? I’d be happy with Minshew for the record. 

21 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Read Panthers are a team looking into Minshew, I really don’t see a way we roll with Teddy after all the sh?t we did to get him out of here and find a replacement.

Signing Minshew now should be an absolute no brainer.  Trade Teddy sign Minshew.  He maybe costs a 5th?  Gives us something to fall back on if the draft doesn't go our way and he is dirt cheap salary wise.

Edited by Shocker
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Signing Minshew now should be an absolute no brainer.  Trade Teddy sign Minshew.  He maybe costs a 5th?  Gives us something to fall back on if the draft doesn't go our way and he is dirt cheap salary wise.

Trade Teddy straight up with Minshew. 

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It's not that simple. Minshew isn't a FA. We'd have to trade for him.

Fitterer came from Seattle, who won their title with a qb on a rookie contract taken in the third round. Yes it's hard to find a Russell Wilson that late, but I think we will try and replicate. I think we go BPA in rounds 1-2, and then take a qb in the mid rounds (Mond or Mills). Bridgewater is a stopgap until he is ready, but we will hope our draft pick pulls a RW and beats him out in camp.