• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why nothing matters anymore

RIPTreyLance

3 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

...The picture you posted was literally a link to the article.

I found the article by doing the same exact search you did and clicking on the picture you referenced/posted.

You can't be this silly.  

When you talk about the recent Miami Dolphins tanking..you are talking about 2019.

At this point I have no confidence you have any clue as to what you are talking about.  

They did not intentionally lose their games and not try to win.  

You don't end the last 9 games of the season (more than half) with a winning record if you are intentionally trying to lose.

You can't be this stupid.  I refuse to believe it.

This is one of the reasons I've been avoiding the huddle lately. 

Just stop it bro. The only one who seems to be silly in this post is you. No one agrees with you, I just don't know how we can make this more clear to you besides just writing you off and saying you know what your right.

Edited by micnificent28

The purpose was to show that simple search results are not viable evidence to support an argument (btw, they said no T_T). Actual articles and such are where the meat is.

For example, if I just do a search for "Is the Huddle a rational place to talk football?" I get this as the first image result:

What do professional football players talk about during a huddle? |  Northeast Florida Life

Edited by Icege

1 hour ago, Icege said:

The purpose was to show that simple search results are not viable evidence to support an argument (btw, they said no T_T). Actual articles and such are where the meat is.

For example, if I just do a search for "Is the Huddle a rational place to talk football?" I get this as the first image result:

What do professional football players talk about during a huddle? |  Northeast Florida Life

Look at the image you showed, and the example you gave. There is such a thing as common sense. whatever point you just tried to make didn't apply to me looking up an actual term not a forum called the the huddle. You have to apply common sense to any argument. that is the part that goes over your head and his apparently. You want a Webster's definition for popular slang and it just doesn't work that way. Google search is very viable in doing most anything sure you can do some dumb stuff like you did and come back with poo information but, applying a bit of common sense and does this apply to the point I'm trying to make it works. That's a very bad example....

Edited by micnificent28

It doesn't matter what the semantics are. The definitions. Any of that. We had enough information available to us at the time of the WFT game to know what needed to be done. The 3rd pick, the one we would have had, just got traded for 3 1's. And the team who did it still moved back to #6. 

We know teddy sucked at the end of the season. Everyone knew this QB class was gonna be insane. We knew the falcons would pick ahead of us if we won and they lost. 

Who cares about ego. Find a way to lose that game. Put in will grier 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Icege said:

I would love to see somebody try to argue this as being a legitimate citation for a research paper.

I just want to see the professor's reaction.

poo, I might do it now just to see if I can get away with it.

EDIT: If they say yes, I'm totally buying you a drink.

I am a professor.  Of course, this is hardly APA or MLA format--not even Chicago Manuscript...So I will leave it here:  At a football game between Harvard and Yale, a Harvard student held up a sign to taunt Yale.  It read:  "Yale cites Wikepedia" 

I laughed out so loudly.  Found it: image.jpeg.b034922fbb275aa102926ef6d036890d.jpeg

Edited by MHS831
  • Flames 1

On 3/28/2021 at 2:46 PM, Toomers said:

No, like others, we perfectly understand that you don’t understand the differences in what you’re stating. Not using all your resources in a given year is nothing near throwing games. 

I’m not the only one that doesn’t understand your opinion. Seems many on here are having trouble with the goalposts moving in your theories. What is it anyhow? Is your theory that a team should put every available resource into to winning the next game and nothing else? 

The only other person that said anything about not understanding my opinion used an image from a google search..that linked to an article that disagreed with his own opinion.

I am not sure you are putting yourself in high company.

People are literally asking for a game to be thrown, citing the 2019 dolphins.  Its hilariously stupid.

16 hours ago, DeeJay said:

new clown on the board?

New alt accounts fell like rain after the 49ers traded up, bunch of scared emos rushed to bitch on new alts. Made its a awful day of huddle, close to when the litterbox overflows with turds into the main panther board. 

Edited by Basbear

On 3/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, RIPTreyLance said:

It doesn't matter what the semantics are. The definitions. Any of that. We had enough information available to us at the time of the WFT game to know what needed to be done. The 3rd pick, the one we would have had, just got traded for 3 1's. And the team who did it still moved back to #6. 

We know teddy sucked at the end of the season. Everyone knew this QB class was gonna be insane. We knew the falcons would pick ahead of us if we won and they lost. 

Who cares about ego. Find a way to lose that game. Put in will grier 

You don't seen to be in high reguwefd around the huddle but in this one instance your absolutely right. We were out of the playoffs.. if your not fighting for a playoff spot you should be looking to build for the future and make it to the superbowl. Winning a meanless game against another bad team doesn't help.

See what you have in Walker or Grier play backups plan for the off-season see who u can cut and live without who you want back so on. Shut down your stars take less wear and tear off their bodies.

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to bump this thread one last time for today's special occasion. 

No matter how you feel about the situation, we now know the QB will be someone other then teddy bridgewater...

That's plenty enough for me. All hope is back!!!! Everything matters again!