• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lightning @ Hurricanes 3/27 Game 6 of 8

Harbingers

"The Carolina Hurricanes make a brief return home to host the Tampa Bay Lightning, a match-up of the top two teams in the Central Division.

The Match-Up

Tampa Bay Lightning (24-7-2, 50 points) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (22-7-3, 47 points)

Saturday, March 27, 7 p.m.

Watch: FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports GO

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

The Opposition

Last five games: 4-1-0, 8 points
On the road: 11-5-2, 24 points
CAR vs. TB: 2-3-0
Leading scorer: Victor Hedman, 33 points (6g, 27a) in 33 games

The Lightning sit atop the league standings with 50 points in 33 games (24-7-2), but the Canes trail them by just three points with a game in hand. The Bolts saw a pair of streaks end in a 4-3 loss in Dallas on Thursday: the team's five-game winning streak and goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy's 12-game winning streak."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-tampa-bay-lightning-carolina-hurricanes/c-322952820

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-tampa-bay-lightning-carolina-hurricanes/c-322964508

"Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

McGinn-Aho-Necas
Niederreiter-Staal-Foegele
Svechnikov-Martinook-Fast
Paquette-Geekie-Lorentz

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Fleury-Bean

Goalies

Reimer
Nedeljkovic

Injuries: Mrazek (right thumb), Teravainen (concussion symptoms; injured reserve), Trocheck (upper body)"

Was really hoping Tro would be back, oh well. Reimer in net, he best come prepared.

PS: @Verge

• Beer 1

good post Harb, Roddy's got the boys in fighting shape and they have quietly just kicked butt. It a pleasure to watch the canes on tv but cant wait to be at PNC soon. When Petr went down I thought it over, but the rook is getting better every game. This will be a test but if they win, the canes will know they belong on top, Tampa is a complete team. Canes win 4-3 and put the league on notice that they play D and are fast...

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I like reimer too. I think we should have started him Vs. Boston more last playoffs. But he is completely in a horrible headspace. 

I don't know what happened to him. I get that Goalies are among the streakiest of all athletes. But, damn.