• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gardner Minshew

FuFuLamePoo

11 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

No way. Teddy throws the ball about like Cam did when his shoulder went out in 2018. Minshew has a pretty good arm. 

No he doesn’t, Minshew arm is one of it not the weakest in the league. The second Luton and Glennon came in they started stretching the field more.

12 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

No he doesn’t, Minshew arm is one of it not the weakest in the league. The second Luton and Glennon came in they started stretching the field more.

I didn't watch enough Jags games to compare but the stats don't back that up.  Glennon has only .2 more intended air yards per attempt and .1 fewer completed air yards per attempt than Minshew.  Their intended air yards per attempt were both more than Teddy's.

I don't think Minshew has a cannon but he is certainly more aggressive with the ball than Teddy is.  Despite that, he threw fewer interceptions per attempt.

But we hopefully do better than either of them.  If not, and if he's cheap, I don't mind Minshew.

13 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I didn't watch enough Jags games to compare but the stats don't back that up.  Glennon has only .2 more intended air yards per attempt and .1 fewer completed air yards per attempt than Minshew.  Their intended air yards per attempt were both more than Teddy's.

I don't think Minshew has a cannon but he is certainly more aggressive with the ball than Teddy is.  Despite that, he threw fewer interceptions per attempt.

But we hopefully do better than either of them.  If not, and if he's cheap, I don't mind Minshew.

He’s more aggressive that doesn’t mean his arm is better, Minshew can’t stretch the field at all.

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Minshews arm strength is regularly referred to as substandard for the NFL. Being slightly more aggressive than Bridgewater is not something you trade for. I don't have much concern we would ever do this though.

How would you compare his arm strength to Jake Delhomme’s?