• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston police opening investigation on Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You can't believe either side.  You have to let the facts make the case.  I am not going to believe a woman who is afraid to reveal her name even in confidentiality to the man you are accusing.

@Snake Let me ask you this.  If a woman came in here and said you sexually assaulted her.  Are we supposed to ban you until you are proven innocent or are we supposed to get the facts and make a decision after all the facts are in.

We can't as a society just assume that because a woman or women come out and make a claim against a person.  The case must unfold and both sides need to investigate a prove their case.

I don't know whether he did it or not.  What I find extremely unfair is that so many women came out in 2+ weeks and not a one of them has given their name.  To me they are hiding something.  

I will take this argument up. If a woman came on here how should I react? Should I be aggressive and call her a whore and say her arguments are rumors? Should I go farther and tell her if she didn't get me reinstated I would show nude pictures to every member on this board? Or would I just simply except it because facts will play out. Too many times in the past those just assaulting the victims Morrals and situations has been enough to get the victim to drop the charges not prove innocents. 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

The American Way! If you have enough cash you can do whatever you want. This is not a new concept.

What kills me is that half these people convicting Watson in the public court of opinion, voted for a misogynistic cad in 2016 and 2020 (and many of us know why). They talk all the poo about being a patriot, the flag, and the national anthem--even though they twist the hell out of that situation as well with all their straw man arguments--and then they have the nerve to try and question someone's morality. Utter hypocrisy: that's truly the American way! 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

What kills me is that half these people convicting Watson in the public court of opinion, voted for a misogynistic cad in 2016 and 2020 (and many of us know why). They talk all the poo about being a patriot, the flag, and the national anthem--even though they twist the hell out of that situation as well with all their straw man arguments--and then they have the nerve to try and question someone's morality. Utter hypocrisy: that's truly the American way! 

Sweet Jesus dude, thats what we call flailing

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Are you familiar with the Duke Lacrosse case?

Or the Brett Kavanaugh case?

How did the Kavanaugh case turn out? While the Deshaun case and the Kavanaugh case are totally different the accuser in Kavanaugh was allowed to tell her story without attacks and it came out to be a load of bull. But if we completely dismissed it from the get go and allowed her to be attacked other would have validated her case. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

How did the Kavanaugh case turn out? While the Deshaun case and the Kavanaugh case are totally different the accuser in Kavanaugh was allowed to tell her story without attacks and it came out to be a load of bull. But if we completely dismissed it from the get go and allowed her to be attacked other would have validated her case. 

Exactly!!!!  Kavanaugh was able to defend himself and knew his accuser.  They were able to show that her story was fabricated.   The difference between Kavanaugh and Watson is that these women are hiding behind a lawyer that wants him convicted before there ever is a trial. 

Reveal the names and let the defense and do their background check.  It's appalling that so many on here are ready to convict just because there are several women making the accusation. 

Once again, I am not saying he is innocent but I am saying they need to allow his lawyers do their due diligence and investigate their backgrounds and come to the truth.  

• Pie 1