• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule "a fan" of Darnold

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

That’s fair. I think I’m just damn tired of the negativity on this board. People have been doom and gloom on here for 2 damn years now and I’m just tired of it. 

Not even saying you, but in general. I’m tired of the “we blew it” before we’ve even made it to the draft as some mods keep crying. Maybe we look back on this and say it was a bad trade. But I would like to at least see 15 minutes of football before we write everything off and slid our wrists, you know? 

That's what happens when you're 10-22 combined over the last two seasons and only one winning season out of the past five.

Bro, we suck. We've sucked for awhile. We're making dumb, borderline desperate moves. It doesn't look good.

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

I felt rhule had a collection of genuine strengths that needed a strong hand from ownership so as not to not allow him to fall into the traps that so many college coaches fall into

then we gave him personnel control and here we are

tepper kinda blows as an owner. not jerruh or snyder bad but still not impressed with him

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

We’re we hoping to make a playoff run with the cap space we wasted this year? Cause Teddy is gone next season and Darnold the season after that. 

Seems a bit out of place to worry about that right now. 

So you think Darnold is gone before we even send the 2nd rounder to the Jets? And you're still happy about this move? Weird, but okay.

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I think that’s unfair. I don’t know that he’s the answer but I do not believe he’s really been put in a position to succeed. 

As mentioned numerous times, Tannehill comes to mind. I’m not saying Darnold is that. But there are definitely similarities. And for what it’s worth, he was much more highly regarded coming into the league a few years ago. 

I think its fair, Darnold has looked terrible. Tannehill has always looked better than Darnold. No doubt that he looked better for the Titans though. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what happens when you're 10-22 combined over the last two seasons and only one winning season out of the past five.

Bro, we suck. We've sucked for awhile. We're making dumb, borderline desperate moves. It doesn't look good.

Love your posts usually, but I disagree. I’ll bet money Darnold plays well and leads us to the playoffs in Year 1.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

tepper kinda blows as an owner. not jerruh or snyder bad but still not impressed with him

you have to be a certifiable idiot to give a guy with two seasons of nfl experience and a clear propensity for Feel Goods control over your roster

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

That’s fair. I think I’m just damn tired of the negativity on this board. People have been doom and gloom on here for 2 damn years now and I’m just tired of it. 

Not even saying you, but in general. I’m tired of the “we blew it” before we’ve even made it to the draft as some mods keep crying. Maybe we look back on this and say it was a bad trade. But I would like to at least see 15 minutes of football before we write everything off and slid our wrists, you know? 

I promise you I am not being negative for attention. I have no positives left at this point. I'm sorry brother, it doesn't look to be getting better or any path that way. Even as a pessimist I wanted this to work. It is that bad now. 

I have put up with some poo from this franchise, other fans and opposing fans. This is the first time in 25+ years I just don't give a fug to try and pretend. Maybe I am overreaching but what I see is that we have committed to nothing good and the positives are almost completely dried up. I am not trying to grandstand, entertain or convince: we are about to commit to being a bottom 5 team for years at this point. There is no longer a legitimate reason for making fun of any other team until we do better. 

I completely sympathize with what you have been through and I truly without malice or condensation wish you well in these times. I just can not commit to blind hope at this time. We are in the bad place and it's time to start acting accordingly. That's my take and I do understand hoping against it. 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know we suck... I knew that when Cams arm fell off and Luke retired. But I guess moaning on the forum is the better alternative to trying to be positive.

We must be the most emo fanbase in the NFL right now. I actually have enjoyed your opinion on this place over the last decade and have really respected you as a poster. But with all due respect, your takes are sh*t right now. We actually had a better team than we thought we would last season. We had nothing on defense and all the posters HATED Snow and we actually still performed. Troy Pride was awesome. Chinn showed this group knows how to evaluate. He should have won defensive rookie of the year.

Darnold is at the very least an upgrade to Teddy and allows us to hopefully draft a franchise LT at 8. Your “this team fugging sucks, the GM is a moron and I have no faith in the staff” has gotten fugging old. Again, I like you as a poster. But let us at least get to the draft before you start writing the entire thing off ffs.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think many people are just used to Panthers pulling winning seasons out of their ass, like going from 7 wins to 15 wins, and figure that we are "due" and work backwards.

Very real chance we suck for a while.

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I know we suck... I knew that when Cams arm fell off and Luke retired. But I guess moaning on the forum is the better alternative to trying to be positive.

We must be the most emo fanbase in the NFL right now. I actually have enjoyed your opinion on this place over the last decade and have really respected you as a poster. But with all due respect, your takes are sh*t right now. We actually had a better team than we thought we would last season. We had nothing on defense and all the posters HATED Snow and we actually still performed. Troy Pride was awesome. Chinn showed this group knows how to evaluate. He should have won defensive rookie of the year.

Darnold is at the very least an upgrade to Teddy and allows us to hopefully draft a franchise LT at 8. You “this team fugging sucks, the GM is a moron and I have no faith in the staff” has gotten fugging old. Again, I like you as a poster. But let us at least get to the draft before you start writing the entire thing off ffs.

Sorry man, but when the team makes poo moves I guess I'm gonna have poo takes. I'm not gonna sugarcoat my opinion with fan colored glasses.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's already ugly. We're just grasping at straws on how it might if all the stars align somehow end up not being ugly. It's a long shot. If we end up passing on a QB to draft an OT to "build around Darnold"... oh wee mayne. I'll just hope I'm wrong and it ends up working out but fully expecting that this will be the beginning of the end of the Rhule experiment.

Yep...hot seat incoming.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sorry man, but when the team makes poo moves I guess I'm gonna have poo takes. I'm not gonna sugarcoat my opinion with fan colored glasses.

Maybe. But it certainly feels more like you didn’t get what you wanted and so now you are going to moan. 

Maybe Darnold isn’t the answer but maybe Wilson, Lance and Fields aren’t either. You’ve lost faith in the staff that has been here a total of one season, had one (damn good) draft and out performed everyone’s expectations. 

I get all the cool kids poo on this team 24/7 but damn it they are starting to look more like whiners than anything else these days.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 3

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Maybe. But it certainly feels more like you didn’t get what you wanted and so now you are going to moan. 

Maybe Darnold isn’t the answer but maybe Wilson, Lance and Fields aren’t either. You’ve lost faith in the staff that has been here a total of one season, had one (damn good) draft and put performed everyone’s expectations. 

I get all the cool kids poo on this team 24/7 but damn it they are starting to look more like whiners than anything else these days.

All I want are smart moves. This is just like the Teddy move. We're acquiring a trash QB hoping desperately that he won't be trash for us. These moves usually turn out predictably. History isn't on our side here.

• Pie 1