• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Darnold is a flop like Teddy was, is Rhule officially on the hot seat?

If Darnold is a flop, is Rhule on the hot seat?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No, means nothing

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Might as well put him in the hot seat now.

It takes most teams years or decades to find a franchise QB after losing one.

Realistically, Rhule will spent his entire tenure here without a top tier QB.

That’s not a shot at Rhule, that’s just how it is. Great QBs are extremely hard to get.

I can easily see Belichick spending the rest of his nfl career in QB purgatory too.

Yep. And had we lost to the Redskins and had the #4 pick, we may not have gotten a franchise QB. Had we traded into the top 3, we may not have gotten a franchise QB.

You just keep shooting until you hit a bullseye. For historically bad franchises(which we are perilously close to being) it takes a very long time on average. 

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

There's a plan at work here, and a long term one to boot. 

Just wish I knew what it was. 

IMO, "the plan" seems to be that our other options were all gone or too expensive and no one was willing to roll into 2021 with Teddy or JUST Teddy as options. 

What I will say is that it shows how they really feel about the current situation at QB if we are resorting to this kind of move.

• Pie 1

Absolutely, chances on high end QB prospects are rare.,and given the terrain of the NFC the panthers had quite an opportunity to obtain one and be the only team in the conference with a king term option there

instead they’ll chase another failure and hope to defy the odds by turning him into a star (presumably because Matt rhule really liked Sam darnold as a personality from that one time they met on skype)

7 hours ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

If Bridgewater  unfortunately really doesn't work out then we can use our high first rounder next year on a QB.

teams that refuse to learn will burn season after season making the same mistake and you and I will be the ones who have to pay for it

not literally though, I’m definitely well past doing that 

Edited by Growl

9 hours ago, Borat said:

He didn’t give up enough for this to, in isolation, put him in the hot seat, but it’d definitely figure into the calculus.

it isn’t about the picks

the loss of draft capital is just a secondary irritation (one that will be made worse when they inevitably go chasing replacement picks)

it’s about the team doubling down on the same predictable mistake they just made and bypassing the rare opportunity to acquire a legitimate high end prospect in the draft

Edited by Growl
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, the Rivera and Hurney episodes show he is slow to move people on it.

Last year was a free pass, completely out of anyone's control. It looks like he will see what the fans do this year for real. I'm expecting peak 2008 to 2010 type situation. We will see if that effects the equation at all.

• Beer 1